Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Why does he have a boiler from 1978?

When he moved into the house it was about 20 years old and he was strongly advised to change it then. He's never bothered. It's a long and complicated story but yes, it's daft.

Can't fault the quality of it though! It's made by Potterton.

The winter is going to be so expensive for everyone, people indoors more, today I was outside for large parts and still topping £3.80 so far today, add gas in winter, oh boy.
People will freeze this winter plain and simple the elderly especially will suffer as they will be to afraid put the heating on

Got a feeling pneumonia will be epidemic this year

People will freeze this winter plain and simple the elderly especially will suffer as they will be to afraid put the heating on

Got a feeling pneumonia will be epidemic this year
I get elderly people everyday crying on the phone begging me to do something for them (energy supplier) as they are on a fixed pension and just can't afford it anymore. That's just with the April increase, come winter many of them are not going to be around anymore.

Maybe this is the plan? Get rid of the old people taking up space/using resources while not contributing anything anymore?

Last edited:
I get elderly people everyday crying on the phone begging me to do something for them (energy supplier) as they are on a fixed pension and just can't afford it anymore. That's just with the April increase, come winter many of them are not going to be around anymore.

Maybe this is the plan? Get rid of the old people taking up space/using resources while not contributing anything anymore?

Big tory voters though.

And here I thought we were getting absolutely plowed in NZ with our electricity prices. Yet my bill this month is £74.

My brother is in Dorset and he's complaining loudly about utility prices.

We're tentatively looking at moving back to the UK in a few years but the cost of living does seem to be a bit excessive. Or sound excessive anyway.

And here I thought we were getting absolutely plowed in NZ with our electricity prices. Yet my bill this month is £74.

My brother is in Dorset and he's complaining loudly about utility prices.

We're tentatively looking at moving back to the UK in a few years but the cost of living does seem to be a bit excessive. Or sound excessive anyway.
Yes our power in Hawkes Bay is about 20 pounds per week at the moment. We are also dipping our toes in the water about moving back to the UK, but need to be very careful.

When he moved into the house it was about 20 years old and he was strongly advised to change it then. He's never bothered. It's a long and complicated story but yes, it's daft.

Can't fault the quality of it though! It's made by Potterton.
We had a potterton when we moved in, didn't start straight away, but undid the gas connection let some gas through. Waited a while and then it fired straight up, the killer is the always on pilot light. But they are bomb proof.

How the hell are you hitting £3.80 already if you have hardly been in the house?

That was evening reading and I might have been off by a little it was more like £3.40, I did have the TV on in the morning and for a while in the afternoon and then back inside in the evening when I took that reading TV had been on for a while.

I think I use roughly 10p an hour when not even in, thats about 200w ph I think, I guess having fridge/freezer and a small drinks fridge as well as an outside freezer in the shed as well as a pond pump on for long periods doesn't help.

That was evening reading and I might have been off by a little it was more like £3.40, I did have the TV on in the morning and for a while in the afternoon and then back inside in the evening when I took that reading TV had been on for a while.

I think I use roughly 10p an hour when not even in, thats about 200w ph I think, I guess having fridge/freezer and a small drinks fridge as well as an outside freezer in the shed as well as a pond pump on for long periods doesn't help.

That pond pump is costing probably 2 pounds a day

I’m going to try it off for a day and see.

I had a feeling that was a big consumer.

Me and my partner work at home all day.
On a normal day our costs (including standing) are 2.00 - 2.50 for electricity.

Range depends on plasma TV usage and washing machines etc.

But it has been as low as 80p when not in at all

For reference unit cost is 22p.
I think standing is 25p

Me and my partner work at home all day.
On a normal day our costs (including standing) are 2.00 - 2.50 for electricity.

Range depends on plasma TV usage and washing machines etc.

But it has been as low as 80p when not in at all

For reference unit cost is 22p.
I think standing is 25p
More useful to quote usage in kwh. Everyone's tariff will vary.

Back
Top Bottom