Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Consoles should have an eco off option or just fully power them down rather than leaving in rest mode.

Your freezer shouldn't be on all the time though, does it get opened a lot or do the seals look dirty/ damaged?
I have them in rest mode, just checking now how much they are using in rest mode. I know the series X always feels warm so probably is using something.

Yea freezer is ancient, seals look knackered. If it is costing what i think it is will be decommissioned sharply.

I have them in rest mode, just checking now how much they are using in rest mode. I know the series X always feels warm so probably is using something.

Yea freezer is ancient, seals look knackered. If it is costing what i think it is will be decommissioned sharply.
There is an eco option on the series X, doesn't seem to make any real difference to start up times or quick resume.

Haven't measured the difference but I know the PS4 uses quite a bit in rest mode.

There is an eco option on the series X, doesn't seem to make any real difference to start up times or quick resume.

Haven't measured the difference but I know the PS4 uses quite a bit in rest mode.

So TV, PS5, XSX, Eero Router, network switch, sound bar, chargers (phone and something else) using 30w in standby

Set PS5 to off instead of rest and Xbox in ECO mode brought it down to 15w, so was using half the power.

Eero using about 5w (on) so leaves 10w for TV, network switch, soundbar and chargers.

Still think im gonna set a timer to turn all off from 1pm to 8am

My Sony TV was using silly amounts of energy when it was off. This was due to it checking for updates in the EPG.

I also enabled Eco mode on my Denon AVR. When on uses half the energy with no difference in sound quality in my use cases.

Between 0.36W and 3.2W in rest mode on the PS5, depending on settings and whether it's charging devices etc.

Devices tend to automatically update overnight so bear that in mind if you're cutting the power to them at a scheduled time, you may end up inadvertently doing so during an update.

Freezer is a big one because it will be using constantly. Put some buckets of water on top if the seal is broken/rigid/worn not everyone will like that effort :p, some of them lock shut might help. Our freezer seemed to be trying to start another ice age, I turned it down slightly so the edges where the seal is not great just melts off not producing endless ice

Between 0.36W and 3.2W in rest mode on the PS5, depending on settings and whether it's charging devices etc.
£14 a year I guess that is

Any good, not bulky smart plugs with power monitoring on Amazon? There are so many it's difficult to see which are any good.
I got the Tapo P110 which have energy monitoring.

Dont get the P100 like i did by mistake as they dont have energy monitoring. They also come in a pack of 4 and are listed on the same page as the P110 so is a bit confusing.

Freezer is a big one because it will be using constantly. Put some buckets of water on top if the seal is broken/rigid/worn not everyone will like that effort :p, some of them lock shut might help. Our freezer seemed to be trying to start another ice age, I turned it down slightly so the edges where the seal is not great just melts off not producing endless ice

£14 a year I guess that is
We used to have an old chest freezer in the garage. My dad would go mad at us if we didn't replace the 4 traffic cones he used to weigh down each corner. :D

If we don't see falls. Significant falls. Over the winter I'll be shocked.

It won't happen for several reasons

1. There is a shortage of housing across the UK since 2006, the Government have said they needed to build 300k houses per year however they are only building 200k on average, sometimes as low as 125k. https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7671/CBP-7671.pdf Apologies if this is against the rules

2. People have money, so many millionaires have been created since the last recession and many of them have and will continue to put their money into property

3. To carry on the 2nd point, foreign investment is also a contributing factor whilst not the main reason it still affects the market (maybe more London bias). If you think about it, name a safer country to put your millions into? UK is probably in the top 3.

It won't happen for several reasons

1. There is a shortage of housing across the UK since 2006, the Government have said they needed to build 300k houses per year however they are only building 200k on average, sometimes as low as 125k. https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7671/CBP-7671.pdf Apologies if this is against the rules

2. People have money, so many millionaires have been created since the last recession and many of them have and will continue to put their money into property

3. To carry on the 2nd point, foreign investment is also a contributing factor whilst not the main reason it still affects the market (maybe more London bias). If you think about it, name a safer country to put your millions into? UK is probably in the top 3.
I expect there to be a limit on falls due to mega money. Even a 10 percent dip will get investors frothing. But I do expect a dip. If there isn't. First time buyers are stuffed.

My friend is waiting for a 30pc dip which I said is unlikely

I expect there to be a limit on falls due to mega money. Even a 10 percent dip will get investors frothing. But I do expect a dip. If there isn't. First time buyers are stuffed.

A 10% dip takes us back to 8/9 months ago :cry:

Extremely unlikely to happen, unfortunately if like me your mate has probably been saving up a deposit for years, sacrificed travelling or getting a fancy car etc.
I understand all of us young people are in the same boat however I feel especially sorry for those that have continued to live like a student for 5-10 years after university and still cannot buy a house.

At the same time I have friends that have done the opposite, bought Rolex's, Hot hatches, went travelling. They have something to show for it whereas I don't other than what would be a sizeable deposit 2-3 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom