Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

A 10% dip takes us back to 8/9 months ago :cry:

I know.
Apparently our house has gone from 260 to 340 since Feb 2020. (zoopla)

I don't believe it myself. I think that very optimistic. But it's a disgusting amount. But I'd be mad if I didn't go for it back then and I was very much 50/50.

Kimd of shows you never really know what's coming next.

Extremely unlikely to happen, unfortunately if like me your mate has probably been saving up a deposit for years, sacrificed travelling or getting a fancy car etc.
I understand all of us young people are in the same boat however I feel especially sorry for those that have continued to live like a student for 5-10 years after university and still cannot buy a house.

At the same time I have friends that have done the opposite, bought Rolex's, Hot hatches, went travelling. They have something to show for it whereas I don't other than what would be a sizeable deposit 2-3 years ago.

I actually think it's a bit different for him. I think he's quite well off. Lives at home, does a horrendous amount of overtime. I think he's trying to optimise it like an investment.

Anyone fancy fixing on the Octopus rates released today:eek:

Gas 17.7p kWh
Electric : 53.7p kWh

52202671745_594953b01f_b.jpg

Typical domestic energy bills could hit more than £3,300 a year this winter, according to the latest forecasts.

Consultancy Cornwall Insight said the typical gas and electricity bill in England, Wales and Scotland could reach £3,363 in the new year.

The prediction comes as suppliers and consumer groups agreed a plan that could lead to a dedicated hotline and debt support for struggling households.

A set of government payments to help with bills starts to be paid next week.

However, there were calls for the government to do more to support families during the coming winter.

Cornwall Insight said that the typical domestic customer was likely to pay £3,244 a year from October, then £3,363 a year from January. The typical bill at present is about £2,000 a year.
Cost of living: Energy bills forecast to hit £3,363 a year - BBC News :(

In one of my previous posts in this thread, I predicted a 42% increase. Using the above figure, I'm now predicting a 68% increase in our bills. :mad:

At this rate, we'll be burning our floorboards to keep warm.

4.15x the amount on electric, 10.7x on my nightly cost and about 1.95x the standing charge.

5.92x the amount on the gas, but only about 1.2x the standing charge.

If I look at my bill for the year average and multiply that it’s going to put my bill at £480 a month give or take £20.

If prices are going up again based on the average house at £2k going to £3.3k then I’m going to be approaching £800 a month. Who the hell can afford that? That’s a mortgage..

4.15x the amount on electric, 10.7x on my nightly cost and about 1.95x the standing charge.

If I look at my bill for the year average and multiply that it’s going to put my bill at £480 a month give or take £20.

If prices are going up again based on the average house at £2k going to £3.3k then I’m going to be approaching £800 a month. Who the hell can afford that? That’s a mortgage..

Seemingly a Mortgage on a draughty castle in the bleak North East.

You have a high usage to be going up to 800ppm

Stay warm
https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/cl...&ranSiteID=aBCSbjOIq8Q-Vcejz6JKHhbsdFmTS5UShw

Back
Top Bottom