Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
I wonder how many people are out there that don't realise how close they are to screwed. Martin Lewis highlighted the issue of people being stuck on SVR mortgage tariffs as an example. I also wonder if the government underestimate how many nutters are out there who might just be willing to go knocking at number 10's door.

Soldato
I wonder how many people are out there that don't realise how close they are to screwed. Martin Lewis highlighted the issue of people being stuck on SVR mortgage tariffs as an example. I also wonder if the government underestimate how many nutters are out there who might just be willing to go knocking at number 10's door.
Sunak would just laugh , just dont interupt champagne tasting tuesday's

Associate
So, just because you're ok everyone else is 'entitled' because they want to be a bit warmer. If we have a harsh winter some people will be freezing to death this year as they are too scared to put the heating on.
You seem to have missed out on the empathy gene.
No, you have misunderstood.
If someone needs to have the heating on to be warm, they need to pay up. We're tired of hearing from people who claim hardship yet seem to be blowing money all over the place on rubbish they don't need. These are the 'entitled' people - they want to have their cake and eat it.

Soldato
No, you have misunderstood.
If someone needs to have the heating on to be warm, they need to pay up. We're tired of hearing from people who claim hardship yet seem to be blowing money all over the place on rubbish they don't need. These are the 'entitled' people - they want to have their cake and eat it.
Who's 'we'?

Soldato

A predicted further 65% increase expected in October, this is not sustainable and needs a new plan to help people.
Where is the money for the government to pay for it supposed to come from though ? This isn't simply solved by taxing those better off because then it creates other problems, so what is the solution to all of this ? Needs more than just throwing money at the problem

Soldato
Ultimately it will come down to money, we pay other countries for therms, so it's a global rate.

They could scrap the green levy for a while, with prices being so good more investment should come in for green energy anyway.

We need to light up more generation locally in the UK ASAP as well, at least we can subsidise the rates internally a bit more.

Associate
I watched the Martin Lewis video earlier.

The idea of mass non-payment is interesting. What could the energy providers do if that were to happen, take millions of people to court?

Could well happen the way things are going.
Cut some of them off, but eventually they will all get the snip regardless of disability or financial circumstances. It would just be a matter of when, not if.

Soldato
Same. Watched it too.

I know of people bypassing thier meters too. But not completely. So it's an under read.
Guy at work has done it, funnily enough the same way I'd do it as well.
Run a spur directly from the incoming mains under the floorboards, what ever he plugs into it is free.
I mean how would anyone ever know.

Caporegime
Run a spur directly from the incoming mains under the floorboards, what ever he plugs into it is free.

Thought the same. If run a spur no one's gonna notice.
Imagine running a crypto miner off that spur!

Associate
I don't know how well it can be detected, but if it becomes a wide spread problem, probably do individual checks. Anyone stealing is going to get caught eventually, no matter how smart they think they are.

Caporegime
The first rule of bypassing your electricity meter is don't talk about bypassing your electricity meter.

Back
Top Bottom