Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
You are wrong. If your supply is changed to a Supplier Of Last Resort then you get what's known as a "deemed contract". This contract is under standard terms that are part of the regulatory framework put in by Ofgem.
Thanks, deemed contract yes Ive heard of that. Does it stipulate credit reference agencies?

Ah ive found Eon Next's. https://assets.ctfassets.net/gmgnre...ee3071/Deemed_Schedule_electricity_010422.pdf

Yep its there as you suspected. "If you have an account with us, we will routinely share information about your payment record with credit reference agencies. If we consider that your account is in default (i.e. you have not paid us and are in breach of your contract) we will notify you and if you do not pay us, we will report the unpaid debt to credit reference agencies who will record that as a default on your credit file."

Interesting then they don't seem to routinely report, but they have the option you are correct.

Last edited:
Soldato
EDF is semi "known" as one that doesn't really play ball with credit agencies
As they don't credit check anyone there is more chance they end up with all the dregs that cant get energy elsewhere ;)
Dunno, I went with them because I got this until 2024...
:p
Electricity unit rate: 18.72p per kWh
Daily standing charge: 23.77p per day

Gas unit rate: 3.834p per kWh
Daily standing charge: 26.12p per day

Dunno, I went with them because I got this until 2024...
:p
Electricity unit rate: 18.72p per kWh
Daily standing charge: 23.77p per day

Gas unit rate: 3.834p per kWh
Daily standing charge: 26.12p per day

I hate you ;)

You need to setup an energy business, bring round cars for charging, bottle your own gas etc :)

Soldato
Thats tilting too far the other way. If people didnt have the ability to save for retirement and have to now rely on state pension then i have no qualms about supporting them but if they had available funds to save but spunked it away then thats a different matter

The problem with this is how do you define "ability to save" and "spunked it away".

Is buying a new car every 3 years classed as "spunking it away" and you should only be entitled to help if you never bought a car less than 10 years old?

Is going on a family holiday abroad once a year classed as "spunking it away" and you should only be entitled to help if you spent your "holidays" working overtime?

Obviously those are extreme examples, but where on the spectrum does someone go from deserving help to not?

Caporegime
The problem with this is how do you define "ability to save" and "spunked it away".

Is buying a new car every 3 years classed as "spunking it away" and you should only be entitled to help if you never bought a car less than 10 years old?

Is going on a family holiday abroad once a year classed as "spunking it away" and you should only be entitled to help if you spent your "holidays" working overtime?

Obviously those are extreme examples, but where on the spectrum does someone go from deserving help to not?

Same argument for a conditional NHS.

Smoker? You have to pay for your treatment for lungs?
Mountain biker? Have to pay for broken bones?

These blurred lines can't really work

Soldato
If I was a neighbour, I would be buying a few extension leads and bringing round some beers as payment :p Far more common to siphon power as a solution in some countries that is more likely then anything else. I saw a big powerbank with 240v sockets + fast charge only a couple hundred quid, I can see people taking it to work to charge and getting enough to tide them over

Soldato
If I was a neighbour, I would be buying a few extension leads and bringing round some beers as payment :p Far more common to siphon power as a solution in some countries that is more likely then anything else. I saw a big powerbank with 240v sockets + fast charge only a couple hundred quid, I can see people taking it to work to charge and getting enough to tide them over
To be honest some of the camping type powerbanks now would probably be an excellent idea if someone can afford the upfront cost.

Back
Top Bottom