Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Dunno, I went with them because I got this until 2024...
:p
Electricity unit rate: 18.72p per kWh
Daily standing charge: 23.77p per day

Gas unit rate: 3.834p per kWh
Daily standing charge: 26.12p per day
I assume thats a 3 year deal you got before the hikes?

My first full month on the agile tariff on Octopus has saved me £11 interestingly. I wasnt expecting it to save me money until October.

Soldato
I assume thats a 3 year deal you got before the hikes?

My first full month on the agile tariff on Octopus has saved me £11 interestingly. I wasnt expecting it to save me money until October.
Yes my previous fix ran out just as it was all going stupid, so I took the risk and fixed for 3 years, something I'd never done before. I very nearly didn't but it's paid off big time.

Caporegime
Dunno, I went with them because I got this until 2024...
:p
Electricity unit rate: 18.72p per kWh
Daily standing charge: 23.77p per day

Gas unit rate: 3.834p per kWh
Daily standing charge: 26.12p per day

Damn. Yours is even better than mine!
I'm no complaining though!

Who was yours with?

Caporegime
Obviously if prices don't plummet by 2024 I'm in for a nasty shock...

Personally, with the money I'm saving (200 ppm!) I'm going to save up for a solar set up. So If in 3 years its still this bad I'll buy one.

200*36. Its enough

200 a month is kind of crazy. That decision 2 fix will save 6k of things don't calm down over 3 years. Unbelievable really.

Caporegime
Just checked mine, I actually did it in March 21 so earlier than I thought. Very, very lucky and it's saving me a fortune now.

That makes sense. Mine was in October.
Lucky you didn't go with a small fry!

Me and my gf both work at home bills are about 100 a month even on that rate!

Soldato
What’s the current opinion on fixing? My OVO fix is up next week and I’m offered elec at 35.79 unit / 54.1 standing and gas at 9.82 unit / 27.52 standing. I think that’s 32% above the current cap. I’m thinking it’s worthwhile to do that for piece of mind and see what a state were in come next June.
So glad that I slept on this for the night and by the next morning it was gone. Time moves quick in the utilities world these days.

Soldato
Little bit cross that I was with Avro when they went bust. I couldn't fix until I was moved to a new supplier, but it took so long to move me over to Octopus a lot of the fixed deals had already short up.

Although to be fair I didn't think prices would go this mental so wasn't in a rush at the time.

Back
Top Bottom