Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
The issue with having no heating in winter, is not so much having to put extra blankets on the bed and wear more sensible clothes, it's that it will damage buildings eventually, the damp.

Permabanned
The issue with having no heating in winter, is not so much having to put extra blankets on the bed and wear more sensible clothes, it's that it will damage buildings eventually, the damp.
Our house isn’t damaged it’s just cold. People are forgetting central heating is a relatively modern thing, many houses used to rely on a coal fire in the living room and that’s it.

Soldato
Feels like as a world we're going back decades, to a time when people just worked for a roof over their head and food.
Going to be a real shock for a generation that has known nothing but the way things have been their whole lives.

Caporegime
Feels like as a world we're going back decades, to a time when people just worked for a roof over their head and food.
Going to be a real shock for a generation that has known nothng but the way things have been their whole lives.

Said it for years. Our parents (im 36) had the best of times. And we've been on decline since.

I mean my step dad worked in one place, just progressing up to end on a final salary pension. My parents house is worth nearly a million probably. And my mum was a hair dresser and my step dad a middle manager in factory.

I'm one of 3 kids.

Soldato
Green levies and VAT could shave about £500 off a bill then come January. Not quite insignificant any more. VAT in particular is scandalous IMO. Should never be on energy bills.
removal of vat on standing charge yes - that's not optional, but on consumption/units, less so - that was ofgen's thinking;
removing standing charge completely (a moritorium using truss's new word) that would be blue sky. ?

otherwise fixed credit per household , with additional amount for disabled needs is more targetted to poorer households than all VAT, for everyone.

---

why aren'r rishi or truss participating in todays meetings.

Soldato
If there is seriously risk of blackouts wouldn't be able to work from home. Where's that solar?

I got a generator from Aldi, £150, only puts out 600-700w but it's enough to run all the homeworking equipment but the Mrs and myself, including screens, internet router modem etc as it's all relatively low draw.

Then will run a htpc/TV and some lights in the evening.

I got a gas BBQ, camping stove etc to cook on.

We have a hot water tank and solar (which frustratingly doesn't work during a power cut unless you have a really fancy system) but can store hot water. Combi boilers will not work during a blackout.

20ltr metal Jerry can full.

Safe full of guns lol.

Soldato
I got a generator from Aldi, £150, only puts out 600-700w but it's enough to run all the homeworking equipment but the Mrs and myself, including screens, internet router modem etc as it's all relatively low draw.

Then will run a htpc/TV and some lights in the evening.

I got a gas BBQ, camping stove etc to cook on.

We have a hot water tank and solar (which frustratingly doesn't work during a power cut unless you have a really fancy system) but can store hot water. Combi boilers will not work during a blackout.

20ltr metal Jerry can full.

Safe full of guns lol.
I'm quite glad we didn't go through with our plan of getting rid of the gas cooker. At least we could cook and boil water. Lights we can deal with, plenty of lamps and torches.
Heating would be a problem. Guns are to hand ;)
Britain 2022, can't even believe this is a topic of discussion. :(

Back
Top Bottom