Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Don
Seems insane, can any takeaway joints really operate if they're spending so much on utilities?

I can only see them having to charge a lot more for food, at a time when people are likely going to be spending less on takeaways due to having to find money to pay their own utility bills.

Small businesses will need a lot more support.
I would imagine these sorts of high volume, low cost takeaways will become unviable without big price increases as energy costs will already be a significant part of their costs.

Suspended
Saudi oil giant Aramco has broken its own record with a $48.4bn (£39.8bn) profit for the second quarter of 2022.

It is a 90% year-on-year increase and marks the biggest earnings for the world's largest energy exporter since its public listing three years ago.

Caporegime
I would imagine these sorts of high volume, low cost takeaways will become unviable without big price increases as energy costs will already be a significant part of their costs.

And because of that they will fail.

Fewer people want to spend more on takeaway in normal times. Add people struggling and it's one of the easiest cut backs.

Soldato
Puts to rest the nonsense about wholesale costs causing the rise of petrol prices though.

It is wholesale prices. Did you even read the report?

Refineries are actually making more money compared to last year than the oil producers like Aramco. They've added 26p and 21p on to litre of diesel/petrol while crude oil prices has caused 20p. With crude oil prices going down the refining 'cost' will be an even larger cause.

Where do you think companies like shell, exxonmobil and BP are getting their record profits from?

Screenshot-2022-07-17-112140.png

Permabanned
It is wholesale prices. Did you even read the report?

Refineries are actually making more money compared to last year than the oil producers like Aramco. They've added 26p and 21p on to litre of diesel/petrol while crude oil prices has caused 20p. With crude oil prices going down the refining 'cost' will be an even larger cause.

Where do you think companies like shell, exxonmobil and BP are getting their record profits from?

Screenshot-2022-07-17-112140.png
90% increase on last year which is about in-line with price increase at the pump.

Soldato
Mains gas or Bottled?

If mains gas (and assuming you also have a gas boiler) you could switch to a boiler-fed shower instead to reduce your spike load and also swap some electrical energy to gas energy which is cheaper?
I could go to combi but then I'd sacrifice the power shower. I'm ensuring whether the cost of panels would be a better investment than batteries though.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom