Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Associate
i am fed up with the prices as well....... i would love to buy an EV and was expecting now some of the older E-Niro vehicles to be getting into my price range but its so bonkers i would be better off buying new (but i cant bring myself to pay north of £40k on a familiy SUV......... )

it stinks, you look abroad and you can get basic but decent new EVs for £10K...

Yeah agree its shocking how far this country is behind in so many things. 10k is exactly what they should cost to get people to actually buy them, not everyone can afford to pay the mad prices you see EVs going for here.

Caporegime
look-at-this.gif

:D :D

Actually she's a hen! :D so might that one in the gif be!

On my chicken Facebook group however there is many a dirty joke the first time this one of these appeared.

You can imagine the easy cheap laughs

Also, I'm hoping that soon my pic won't be quoted! :D

8IXTnuw.jpg

Associate
Actually she's a hen! :D so might that one in the gif be!

On my chicken Facebook group however there is many a dirty joke the first time this one of these appeared.

You can imagine the easy cheap laughs

Also, I'm hoping that soon my pic won't be quoted! :D

8IXTnuw.jpg

Oh wow, never seen one with that kind of iridescence to their feathers before, that's stunning :O

Soldato
Absolutely livid right now, 4 days ago spoke to EDF after they tried to rise the DD to £450 pm, they put it back down to £210. Now just got an email they're going to rise it £530 pm on 1st Oct!

Not sure what the clowns are thinking over there, going to have to call them and if they try to rise it again without my permission i'll just our-right cancel my DD and put my monthly money into a savings account. Heck, at least it'll be earning a few pennies until the bill comes!

Soldato
Absolutely livid right now, 4 days ago spoke to EDF after they tried to rise the DD to £450 pm, they put it back down to £210. Now just got an email they're going to rise it £530 pm on 1st Oct!

Not sure what the clowns are thinking over there, going to have to call them and if they try to rise it again without my permission i'll just our-right cancel my DD and put my monthly money into a savings account. Heck, at least it'll be earning a few pennies until the bill comes!
Comically your rates will prob increase when you cancel the DD and the increased charges will vastly offset any pittance interest you could earn so it really wouldnt be worth it

Soldato
if they enter the premises and install a pre-payment meter rates will increase (unfairly so for those genuinely in need)

( cockerell looked like it had been using one of those apps with automatic body enhancements. )

Soldato
if they enter the premises and install a pre-payment meter rates will increase (unfairly so for those genuinely in need)

( cockerell looked like it had been using one of those apps with automatic body enhancements. )
Well thats for persistent non payment, paying with a decreased DD or manual payments might not fall into that.

If I was in his position, and they refused to take down DD (assuming its above usage cost), I would cancel DD, pay actual bill manually and start legal action to recover the non DD premium claiming I only dropped the DD under duress.

Someone on MSE started legal action against octopus, and they only merely informed the legal team of what they doing, then octopus **** themselves and caved in very fast.

Caporegime
People getting into massive debt with mortgages need to be careful.

Obviously if there's nothing you can do there's nothing you can do.

But many don't realise
So only don't pay if you really can't pay

Is it time to genuinely look for jobs abroad? Warmer climate? I don't have much faith in energy supply longevity in Northern Europe

Soldato

What’s your energy usage for gas and electricity per year?

Soldato
The lack of understanding is in the media as well.

The BBC warn that bills may rise before the October cap when what they really mean is direct debits will rise before October. Is already too many people who think a DD is a bill when it isnt a bill, its a form of payment.

Greens also proposing nationalisation of supplier but nothing on energy production ownership. :(

Soldato

Any reason you don't want to use whole amount DD instead of estimated?

Soldato
The lack of understanding is in the media as well.

The BBC warn that bills may rise before the October cap when what they really mean is direct debits will rise before October. Is already too many people who think a DD is a bill when it isnt a bill, its a form of payment.

Greens also proposing nationalisation of supplier but nothing on energy production ownership. :(
Yep, then all the Karens are up in arms about being charged for more then they're using currently because they fail to understand that building up a buffer before winter might actually be beneficial :rolleyes:

Soldato
Yep, then all the Karens are up in arms about being charged for more then they're using currently because they fail to understand that building up a buffer before winter might actually be beneficial :rolleyes:
Beneficial for those that can't budget themselves.
But yes, bloke in work when you all what he's paying for energy he just gives his monthly DD amount hasn't a clue what the price per kWh is.

Back
Top Bottom