Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Caporegime
I don't like how we've given these middle men like experian and the like a hold over us, a credit file feels like some weird prison system.
Has to exist.

For a company to lend someone that much money it needs to have some understanding of your ability to pay back.

I doubt any of us would lend Bob down the road 10k with no understanding of if he could pay it back.

Caporegime
Probably do a bigger amount for Jan to get everyone through the winter.

It will cost.
But its possible.

What's the UKs interest payment now?
Need to look it up.

Probably need to shell out 25-50bln more just to get through the next 12 months. And that would still make it difficult for people. And that's before business support

To pay it all.
4k yearly estimate
25 (its higher but easy maths) households

100bln

Manageable bills? 2k?still not nice.

Cost 50bln.

I think France only paid 10bln for edf

Associate
If only life were so clear cut.

Sadly the reality isn't that poor = low use and rich = high use. The more you're at home, the more likely you are to have big energy bills. The more people that are at home, the more likely you are to have big energy bills.

Also, tiered pricing would have to be mandatory to work. If it's optional, why would a household with high energy use join the tariff?

Dress it up whatever way you like, the concept is still the same. I get that there's a romantic notion of ensuring people who are wasteful subsidise those who are frugal. There's probably a mental image in there of some middle-aged couple chilling in a hot tub. But the reality is that said couple would simply turn the tub off, or install their own generation and/or a battery. The bulk of those who would be paying more are families, pensioners, the disabled. All so that someone who lives alone and works long hours (but not from home) can have a nice subsidy on their bill.

Sorry, but the idea is trash.

The very poor are on pre-pay meters, where units cost more (no direct debit discount and higher overheads). They tend to be very, very careful on their usage because they can't afford not to be. The reality is while there are outliers, poor people will use less electricity than rich people who don't monitor their usage, as there is no need for them to worry. Poor people, pensioners and the disabled will also tend to live in smaller properties, which need less units to heat, and as such, will use less units.

The more people in the house, the more units are used, agreed and what is your point? The higher users should pay more, or cut their usage to reduce demand and the wholesale price.

So make it mandatory and anyone that is on a variable standard tariff gets moved on to the tiered tariff.

If they turn the hotub off, or install their own generation and/or a battery, the usage would be reduced and as such would reduce demand and the wholesale price. Don't see the problem.

Why shouldn't someone who lives alone and works long hours have a subsidy on their bill if they don't use a lot of units?

The reality is very much, poor people use less units, rich people use more.

Soldato
It will cost.
But its possible.

What's the UKs interest payment now?
Need to look it up.

Probably need to shell out 25-50bln more just to get through the next 12 months. And that would still make it difficult for people. And that's before business support

To pay it all.
4k yearly estimate
25 (its higher but easy maths) households

100bln

Manageable bills? 2k?still not nice.

Cost 50bln.

I think France only paid 10bln for edf
10bln for 16% stake that it didn’t own, 62.5bln would be the cost to buy if they didn’t already own most of them. EDF are also suing them 7bln for the money they are losing due to the caps.

Caporegime
Wtffffff

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ts-puts-annual-deficit-on-course-to-top-100bn

Highlighting the scale of the economic challenge that will face the next prime minister, debt interest payments hit £19.4bn last month alone, the highest since monthly records began in April 1997, according to the Office for National Statistics.

The UK paid 20 bln in interest alone in one month?

We truely are absolutely ******
Am I reading that right?

Soldato
Wtffffff

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ts-puts-annual-deficit-on-course-to-top-100bn

Highlighting the scale of the economic challenge that will face the next prime minister, debt interest payments hit £19.4bn last month alone, the highest since monthly records began in April 1997, according to the Office for National Statistics.

Am I reading that right?
But we had a lovely couple of months of subsidised meals out.

And a few people didn't have to pay stamp duty for a while, which was nice for those that benefited (even if it did further inflate overpriced housing).

Not to mention there's going to be a marginally faster train out of London in a few years time :)

Soldato
Wtffffff

Am I reading that right?
I guess you've never looked into many countries debt and debt repayments before then.

Caporegime
I guess you've never looked into many countries debt and debt repayments before then.

If we are paying this much, and the economy is about to stall, and our UK credit rating will probably be downgraded then it's just going to grow.

I am surprised. I will look globally.

I guess a lot of Europe is in the same Boat. Europe really is dying off

Soldato
If we are paying this much, and the economy is about to stall, and our UK credit rating will probably be downgraded then it's just going to grow.

I am surprised. I will look globally.

I guess a lot of Europe is in the same Boat. Europe really is dying off
UK isn’t even that high in the debt to gbp tables. A little above mid for developed countries.

Soldato
Wtffffff

Am I reading that right?

Truss will have to give Ocean Finance a call and consolidate all our loans in to one affordable monthly payment :p

You can't look at national debt in the same way as household finances, we've always borrowed from the next generation and likely always will.

Back
Top Bottom