Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
90.97p for electric apr 23!!!
Was about to post that April price forecasts are higher than Jan. The only thing helping is that people will be using less gas but it’s going to be more expensive overrall still I expect. I think the reality is recession will kick in hard over winter which will reduce consumption a lot.

Soldato
90.97p for electric apr 23!!!

That’s the reality with no intervention.

People thought £2k was crazy high, from April 23 the avg enegy use forecast is over £6k. That is just insane !!
Also, that’s the capped domestic price, what would businesses be paying by then?!

Soldato
That’s the reality with no intervention.

People thought £2k was crazy high, from April 23 the avg enegy use forecast is over £6k. That is just insane !!
Also, that’s the capped domestic price, what would businesses be paying by then?!
What businesses? There won't be any left. Truss will have to find that magic money tree again and quick.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
So excuse my ignorance, but if this is basically a global issue and gas producers sell on the world open market, could all the suppliers across the world collectively get together and say to the gas producers such as Shell/BP/Exon etc "**** you, we aren't paying what you're asking because its ridiculous and it isn't costing you any more than it was before to extract the gas" Meaning there would be nobody in the world willing to pay what the gas producers are asking and thus prices would have to drop?

Soldato
It's depressing I'm earning decent money but there will be nothing left after food, mortgage and energy.

God knows how those on average wage will cope.

Caporegime
So excuse my ignorance, but if this is basically a global issue and gas producers sell on the world open market, could all the suppliers across the world collectively get together and say to the gas producers such as Shell/BP/Exon etc "**** you, we aren't paying what you're asking because its ridiculous and it isn't costing you any more than it was before to extract the gas" Meaning there would be nobody in the world willing to pay what the gas producers are asking and thus prices would have to drop?

Won't happen. World can't work together. Its actually getting worse

Caporegime
Soldato
Futures gas pricing movement in the last couple of weeks has just gone off the scale.
The only comparison I can think of is when you get a crazy high quote from a trade person because they don’t want the job. This is the market pricing so high there are few countries left that can afford it.
Hopefully some suppliers booked their Winter 22 energy in May/July.

52303110347_a4c9b4bbca_z.jpg

Caporegime
Futures gas pricing movement in the last couple of weeks has just gone off the scale.
The only comparison I can think of is when you get a crazy high quote from a trade person because they don’t want the job. This is the market pricing so high there are few countries left that can afford it.

52303110347_a4c9b4bbca_z.jpg

Probably way this will find an equilibrium. Demand will go down simply as the world cannot afford it.

And with that economies will crumble.

Europe is particularly vulnerable

Back
Top Bottom