Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Associate
At the rates they’ve announced today for our worse month (January) usage wise. It will cost us £309 for gas. £224 for electric.

Does anyone know the approx increase for January?

The chap above you posted £5386 from the Cornwall chaps. Obviously this is a moving prediction.

But I work that out as 52% increase over £3549.

Associate
ok, that's the bad news announced, now it's time for the what are we going to do about from the two people in the running to be PM. Nothing to stop them announcing their plans now to put an end to all the fear, uncertainty and doubt.

Soldato
Done the maths absolute worst case for us which would be a really cold winter, my total bill will be £355 a month, that's using 250kwh electric and 1350kwh gas. So easily manageable.

Soldato
5000-6500 seem to be the range of figures. But almost definitely up
impossible to predict, so daft throwing figures out as the ofgem guy said, who knows what next few months holds.
figures are being thrown around all the time, dont forget i think only 30% is flowing through nord, if russia decides after its paddy with the eu to resume full flow that will have a positive effect on prices

Caporegime
ok, that's the bad news announced, now it's time for the what are we going to do about from the two people in the running to be PM. Nothing to stop them announcing their plans now to put an end to all the fear, uncertainty and doubt.

Worst bit is, you know it would already be announced if we were voting for them

Soldato
£376.61/month based on my usage from Feb21 - May22
£486.64/month if I hadn't fixed! :eek: :eek:

In reality it should be quite a bit less, as that usage was while I was mining eth 24/7 which I've now stopped, and we've dropped the boiler and thermostat temps and added some insulation.

Looking at our current average daily usage of 11kwh, we're hopefully just under £300/month, which is still a kick in the teeth vs the £115 we were paying 12 months ago with significantly higher usage :(

Soldato
Unfortunately a significant portion of the population can't afford or at least struggling with the current rates, with it increasing by nearly 2,000 more than current prices, most if not all of those already finding it hard, are well and truely boned.

Soldato
sod the central heating for winter i'm off to buy an oil filled radiator and live in ne room :D

And I think this is what you’ll find a lot of people will be doing. Either that or your going to see shopping malls full of old people taking 4 hours to drink a cup of tea .

Tell you what a gym membership is looking good for a shower at the moment . I might even take me clothes in for a scrub as well .

Soldato
easily manageable LOL great for you jackrob - we just have your supposed 1% of the population that have problems.
Martin Lewis couldn't refrain from saying we told you so in March during his catastRophising R4today interview just now,
OFGEN director interview too, nothing we can do bro (eg we couldn't have told companies they need to buy energy in advance more cheaply)

I honestly think the whole "Residential Solar feeding the grid" needs to be re-thought. Scrap the whole "Feed in Tarrif" (and whatever else it's called now to replace FIT) It should be done on a floating balance. If you feed in 10kWh in a day, you should be able to draw back 10kWh with no fees attached. It would also prevent so many energy companies ripping off customers by paying them 6p per KW/h and then turning around and charging them 52p per kW/h when they come home in the evening and turn the lights on
as bigmike alluded
fine - you give PVpeople money for injecting electricity to the grid when grid typically doesn't need it - and then PVfolks without batteries present an erratic demand when the sun isn't shining! (eg. I don't need electricity to run a tumble dryer when it is sunny outside , I usually cook principal meal when it is dark)

Both Australia and California are investigating charging solar users more for the unit they do take off the grid, and then penalising if they inject onto the grid at overcapacity times, read-up
A responsible/useful domestic pv generator would be able to give and take energy from the grid WHEN there is need (like the powerstations)

Soldato
I was wondering how people were going to manage with this rise, but then I saw January's predicted increase... :eek::(

People will be getting a loan to cover the costs.

This is a reality for people I know. Absolute disgrace.

We should be able to pay but basically have to cut back on everything else. Will try and not use heating and gas hob as much as possible, so cold meals and cold nights a plenty for the winter when I come home weekends and Christmas leave. Again.. disgrace.

The new reality I guess.

Back
Top Bottom