Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Why do you think you cant drink water from a tap?
well others have pretty much unanimously said I. wrong but I was just suspicious of water which has been sat in an immersion heater for an indeterminate amount of time...... so it's not about the tap but more where It was before then.

however the scenario is different again if you have a combi - which I have done for a few years now so my logic was at best out of date.

but it seems the consensus is that it's not cost effective anyway.... so I was perhaps right for the wrong reasons..... it's not worth using hot water from the tap to put in the kettle.

Soldato
he just saying anything atm he's that desperate
it doesn't really matter what sunak says tbh he is not going to be PM. out of the 2 I would pick him over "lazy Britain" truss (even if she has a point it's a bit rich coming from anyone in. her team). but I think you would get pretty long odds now of Sunak winning.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Because I don't spend the average amount. The cap also isn't in pounds, so I think that's quite misleading. And your current tariff and all new energy quotes are based on kWh, not pounds.

Neither do I but if the average bill was £1200 and I spent £800 and now the average bill will be £3600 then I would expect to spend £2400.

What I couldn't tell you is how much energy I use in kWh. Then again I am lucky enough that whatever the rise, I won't have any issue paying so perhaps I don't pay as much attention as others.

I try to save as much energy as possible so its not like I can do much about my usage. I'm a miser though so I might have to turn the smart meter display off to stop myself being appalled in the winter when we do a load of washing, dry it, run the dishwasher etc at the days energy comes to £15+

Soldato
...that still doesn't change the fact that 2kWh of electric costs over 3 times what 2kWh of gas does...
...unless you are "losing" more than 2/3 of the heat from the boiler then gas will still be cheaper...

I put "losing" in quotes because the heat lost from the pipes is still going into your home, so it's not really lost, it's just not heating the room you happen to be in at the time.
Well said

Soldato
Agree as your fixed its completely different picture.
If you had not of been I would have suggested getting a quick solar quote (costs you nothing bar maybe 30 mins of time if they want to physically visit to quote) so you would know your suitability.
You would be able to use a good percentage of a decent system with both WFH and as such a simple solar setup (plus probably solar diverter) might pay back far faster than you would expect at current pricing.
the snag is lead times. my father in law after seeing my system has an install booked. he signed up for it in spring just gone... his install is sometime in October.

unless you pay a significant premium I doubt you will get one this year. mind you the solar part won't save you much once we get into October anyway until march.
his system is a lot more expensive than mine was but I won't lie it was amazing. 20x425w panels.iirc.on both sides of the roof. only 6.4kwh battery but they are retired and in all day so that may do them (I would have gone a bit .bigger myself but what ever). this was over 13k however Vs mine which is 8.25k Inc birdproofing (£500 the most expensive chicken wire I ever bought)

Caporegime
The cap is the max based on average use. The supplier can get to that number by however they want of the 4 inputs. Two SC and two kwh rates

Soldato
it doesn't really matter what sunak says tbh he is not going to be PM. out of the 2 I would pick him over "lazy Britain" truss (even if she has a point it's a bit rich coming from anyone in. her team). but I think you would get pretty long odds now of Sunak winning.
well truss is maggie mk 2 and sunak reminds me of blair, in that case i take neither of them, and that clown opposite is far worse, either way next election going to have little choice, higher taxes vs tax cuts for the richest. im voting monster raving looney :cry:

Associate
I think you're right. They are tory. But they aren't completely stupid.

Truss the sacrificial lamb?

I did wonder if they want to lose it. Give Labour the impossible clean up job and then come out in 5 years time saying "look at the mess Labour have made".

I swear if that happens and they vote Tories in again I'll leave this planet.

Back
Top Bottom