Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Hmm i wonder.
Looked at the standard tariff info on my energy supplier app.
Interestingly it says the price is guaranteed until 31st Dec 9999
Tariff end date not applicable.

I'm wondering how this would stand in court when they increase prices and i argue the contract details?

It's just so wrong, a private company can basically make a decision that can essentially ruin economies, or at the very least start a snowball into a recession.
so that handful of people can profit from it.

They did to be fair invest a lot of money to set up the supply. However, they didn't plan for this.

I don't understand why drilling and other supply rights aren't given with a capped supply price to the UK market. Similar to what EDF is complaining about in France.

why are we still exporting if we need the supply ourselves ?
if the gov banned exporting energy prices would drop like a rock..
what hilarious is most big businesses gobbling up tons of energy like data farms etc will be charged way less per kwh than your average home... which means residential is essentially subsidising big business

I think this is making quite clear why privatisation of vital services in the uk is a bad idea........ Energy generation should always 1st be given to the country it is generated in and at a price which is sustainable and also affordable. Then any excess could be exported at a free market rate.

but i just dont see how a private company would be happy with this, selling power at an agreed say 20p per kwh peak and 10p off peak when they could sell the whole lot at insane amounts like they do now.

I think this is making quite clear why privatisation of vital services in the uk is a bad idea........ Energy generation should always 1st be given to the country it is generated in and at a price which is sustainable and also affordable. Then any excess could be exported at a free market rate.

but i just dont see how a private company would be happy with this, selling power at an agreed say 20p per kwh peak and 10p off peak when they could sell the whole lot at insane amounts like they do now.

The solution to this, in my opinion is to simply *not give them a choice*. Hold them to ransom, call their bluff.. They can either profit at a level decided by the UK government (on UK power usage/supply) or none at all within the UK.. NO company is willing to "die on the cross" regardless of how often they like to shout about pulling out of UK markets etc..

For far too long governments have been "scared" of big business, letting them pay low tax rates by having a head office in Ireland or some other Tax Haven. It needs to stop. Governments need to have the stones to turn around to these companies and say "we represent a potential consumer base of 70million people (or in the case of energy supply, approx 25million homes) within the UK. What are YOU going to do for US to have access to that revenue stream?"

Don't see the point in a smart meter you can easily calculate how much you are using.

50p a unit and come. Jan a £ a unit

Variable rate tariffs can save a significant sum of money, if you can load shift. I’m on Octopus GO and my average unit rate is currently 16p ish. This is without a battery that is coming in a few weeks.

people on renewable tariffs are paying for any energy these use to be covered by renewable energy............. it does not mean they ONLY use renewable because that is not how the grid works... and i think you know this and are surely just being obtuse?
Delusional nonsence.

There are frequent period's where renewables don't provide enough supply to meet the 'demand' that such tariffs would require and we don't have any real storage of note to even out demand on a daily basis let alone a seasonal one.

'Renewable' tariffs should be much more expensive than they currently are and more expensive than 'non renewable' tariffs to cover the extra costs of having non renewable power sources needed in reserve to cover the voids where renewables aren't cutting it and to cover for the extra expenses of load balancing with such an intermittent power source.

As it currently stands 'renewable' tariffs are a way for power companies to upsell the same commodity to guilble consumers much the same as when the coffee companies sell you a 'fair-trade' coffee and keep almost all of the extra money they charge you for the pleasure.

At best a 'renewable' tariff means that, averaged over a year or so, that the energy used is covered by renewable sources somewhere but as we can't store energy when there's too much of it it's not just a case of the same % of renewable energy being in the grid with the rest of the energy at any time all mixed together.

I'm starting to think there won't be any shortage of power/gas this Winter - due to everyone cutting back because of the price theres going to be a surplus.

That's what would happen if government don't bail it out.
Same as predator-prey relationships.
If the costabundance goes down. Cost goes up. Less is used. The hopefully soon cost comes down.

Oil is already dropping is it not due to recession fear?

Delusional nonsence.

There are frequent period's where renewables don't provide enough supply to meet the 'demand' that such tariffs would require and we don't have any real storage of note to even out demand on a daily basis let alone a seasonal one.

'Renewable' tariffs should be much more expensive than they currently are and more expensive than 'non renewable' tariffs to cover the extra costs of having non renewable power sources needed in reserve to cover the voids where renewables aren't cutting it and to cover for the extra expenses of load balancing with such an intermittent power source.

As it currently stands 'renewable' tariffs are a way for power companies to upsell the same commodity to guilble consumers much the same as when the coffee companies sell you a 'fair-trade' coffee and keep almost all of the extra money they charge you for the pleasure.

At best a 'renewable' tariff means that, averaged over a year or so, that the energy used is covered by renewable sources somewhere but as we can't store energy when there's too much of it it's not just a case of the same % of renewable energy being in the grid with the rest of the energy at any time all mixed together.
Delusional nonsence.

in which case you should sue Ecotricity and the likes as that is not what they say. they claim for every kWh their customers use they either generate or buy the equivalent from green sources. if they are lying then you need to call them out on it and rather than call customers gullible or delusional , instead of spewing your bile I suggest you back up your claims.. it sounds to me you are just looking at excuses to not attempt to buy ethically.
IF you are gonna call those companies liars however surely the burden of proof is on you?

Back
Top Bottom