Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

France is probably the best placed. Only a small proportion is gas with half being nuclear power. EDF are crying because they have been forced to sell their cheaper electricity without profiteering.

UK:

France:

What's interesting is how much France imports. It imports a fair bit from the UK. That's probably where they get screwed.

I'm starting to think there won't be any shortage of power/gas this Winter - due to everyone cutting back because of the price theres going to be a surplus.

Would now be a sensible time to get smart meter(s) fitted to replace dated magnetic ones? Not interested in the data/savings but more if there's a higher chance of new tariffs on the way that might require them?

France is probably the best placed. Only a small proportion is gas with half being nuclear power. EDF are crying because they have been forced to sell their cheaper electricity

What's interesting is how much France imports. It imports a fair bit from the UK. That's probably where they get screwed.

EDF are suing the French government for loss of profit. France is blowing through billions trying to cap the energy markets.

UK exports of gas mainly go through Belgium and the Netherlands. Currently this is unrestricted but if the markets get tighter through the winter months, more will be retained for use here I am sure.

EDF are suing the French government for loss of profit. France is blowing through billions trying to cap the energy markets.

UK exports of gas mainly go through Belgium and the Netherlands. Currently this is unrestricted but if the markets get tighter through the winter months, more will be retained for use here I am sure.

It's not blowing through billions. EDF is likely getting record revenues. The cap is preventing EDF effectively making billions in profit at the expense of french consumers and businesses (french government is the majority shareholder anyway, so it is giving up it's own profit). EDF didn't invest in nuclear power plants with the expectation of what is happening today.

France shouldn't be affected much by higher gas prices for electricity, at least for domestic supply.

If they want to think they are on 100% renewables they need to be deprived of power every time such sources aren't providing enough energy to meet demand.
the only way that could work to prove if you are right or not would be to not send any renewables to those who are NOT paying to be on a renewable tariff........ should that be the case then sure, those people would be without power sometimes perhaps.............. but those who are not paying a renewable tariff would see their bills go up a lot.

people on renewable tariffs are paying for any energy these use to be covered by renewable energy............. it does not mean they ONLY use renewable because that is not how the grid works... and i think you know this and are surely just being obtuse?

I genuinely do not know if renewable energy would be enough to cover those on renewable tariffs IF those customers were prioritised....... but that is afaik how it is meant to work.

Tried to buy electric underblankets from argos, managed to get a single but the double went out of stock as i clicked to pay.
i ordered 2 on Sunday... they were not available for C&C but i was able to get them on delivery (so had to pay £3.95 extra) of course i wont count my chickens until the parcel arrives at my door

I am tight... the single sized ones were £20 at argos, and more expensive else where so hoping the order comes through

It's not blowing through billions. EDF is likely getting record revenues. The cap is preventing EDF effectively making billions in profit at the expense of french consumers and businesses (french government is the majority shareholder anyway, so it is giving up it's own profit). EDF didn't invest in nuclear power plants with the expectation of what is happening today.

France shouldn't be affected much by higher gas prices for electricity, at least for domestic supply.

So not suing the government.

why are we still exporting if we need the supply ourselves ?

We don't need the supply. The next question is, why is the price not lower then? The answer is other countries are willing to pay more for electricity the UK produces, so UK consumers/businesses have to match them.

At least it shows UK blackouts are unlikely, as the UK can just ban exports.

We don't need the supply. The next question is, why is the price not lower then? The answer is other countries are willing to pay more for electricity the UK produces, so UK consumers/businesses have to match them.
So when we say it is "UK's Gas", who is actually in charge of it ?

Whoever is in charge of this gas supply has essentially artificially increased the price, there costs haven't gone up significantly, someone somewhere is making huge huge profits from all of this.

So when we say it is "UK's Gas", who is actually in charge of it ?

Whoever is in charge of this gas supply has essentially artificially increased the price, there costs haven't gone up significantly, someone somewhere is making huge huge profits from all of this.

Have you seen Shell and Centrica profits?

Some of that will be captured by corporation tax.

Also see my earlier post.

Back
Top Bottom