Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Today I have a customer who buys the 4 frozen McCain frozen jacket potatoes for £2.50. They claim that the cost of heating them up for 5 mins each in microwave is cheaper than buying a pack of jacket potatoes from the produce section for 45p and baking them.

I have a combined microwave oven so can do proper jacket potatoes in 12-14 mins.

Today I have a customer who buys the 4 frozen McCain frozen jacket potatoes for £2.50. They claim that the cost of heating them up for 5 mins each in microwave is cheaper than buying a pack of jacket potatoes from the produce section for 45p and baking them.

I have a combined microwave oven so can do proper jacket potatoes in 12-14 mins.
Lol

Cool story.

Mumsnet --->

in which case you should sue Ecotricity and the likes as that is not what they say. they claim for every kWh their customers use they either generate or buy the equivalent from green sources. if they are lying then you need to call them out on it and rather than call customers gullible or delusional , instead of spewing your bile I suggest you back up your claims.. it sounds to me you are just looking at excuses to not attempt to buy ethically.
IF you are gonna call those companies liars however surely the burden of proof is on you?

We aren't even a year on from the last time renewables **** the bed and failed to deliver what was needed even in summer....

Energy giant SSE said its renewable assets produced 32% less power than expected between April 1 and Sept. 22 thanks to historically dry and low-wind conditions. This equates to 11% of its full-year output target.

"This shortfall was driven by unfavourable weather conditions over the summer, which was one of the least windy across most of the UK and Ireland and one of the driest in SSE's Hydro catchment areas in the last seventy years," the Perth, Scotland-based company said Wednesday in a statement

Low-wind output over the summer has contributed to the European energy crunch, which sent power prices to record highs in recent days.

Wow

You ok mate?

For the price of an electric blanket, buy a thinner one to fit into your duvet cover together with your normal weight one. Or buy a winter weight duvet. I see no need to run electric blankets in this day and age.

For the price of an electric blanket, buy a thinner one to fit into your duvet cover together with your normal weight one. Or buy a winter weight duvet. I see no need to run electric blankets in this day and age.
I just bought one. Will leave it packed and sell it for twice the price come December.

You must have more tricks than that after the military way my man?
I do.

In all fairness if you dedicate all the smaller rooms of a house as bedrooms the rooms are easier to fill out with heat from say a TV, stereo etc, the normal entertainment stuff, heating is not a requirement.
My computer is really power efficient and that if I run FPS unlocked with RT on and get the CPU going will raise the room temp by a good 7c. But the room it is in is small.

The other one was use sleeping bag, bivvy bag if you plan on doing it in your garden in the summer.

I do.

In all fairness if you dedicate all the smaller rooms of a house as bedrooms the rooms are easier to fill out with heat from say a TV, stereo etc, the normal entertainment stuff, heating is not a requirement.
My computer is really power efficient and that if I run FPS unlocked with RT on and get the CPU going will raise the room temp by a good 7c. But the room it is in is small.

The other one was use sleeping bag, bivvy bag if you plan on doing it in your garden in the summer.
TV' do not generate heat, or rather enough to notice

air matresses like for camping are good insulators thermarest, similarly 4 season sleeping bags with 1KG of fill would be toasty they are good for sub-zero - don't know what the tog is
... only issue is airing them to avoid moisture build up.

doesn't mean their other solar & battery assets, apparently 380MW didn't take up the slack for consumers on green energy contracts. (& commercials on fixed price contracts)

-----

On Thick Lizzy's oil wells the contracts were started by govt in April , so nothing new to see there - maybe she will make a red'o'dare type appearance as PM.
equally the expert interview on r4pm suggested a new oil/gas field can take 28 YEARS average to bring on stream.

TV' do not generate heat, or rather enough to notice
Scratch that for 170hz monitor, easy 2c on top in the general area where it sits.

Got an older receiver? They sit on stand by and generate quite a lot of heat, I have an old Pioneer VSX-2014i that heats the room about as much as the comp at unlocked FPS.
Funnily the most power efficient thing I have are light bulbs.
The computer and receiver are in competition with each other, though I doubt you would see that receiver pushing 430 watts from the wall like the PC can, you would go def with the volume levels to even get near that number.

Back
Top Bottom