Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Everyone’s greedy, I mean Sunak’s wife could easily afford to pay her taxes with £730 million and yet she still chose to decide she lived elsewhere to pay less.

Which also cost him the leadership vote.

Companies like Apple and Amazon can easily afford to pay the correct taxes with no real difference to the company yet will still fiddle to pay as little as possible.

Of course. Its maximising profits. I'm not sure why people seem to think the energy sector is a charity?

Why would Norway give us gas at under market rate?
It wouldn't.

If your neighbour dave has lost his job you don't give him some of your money. No matter how rich or poor you are.

Actually your analogy shows a remarkable ignorance of the taxation and benefits systems. I can choose whether to grant Dave a sub, or offer him a monetary gift, but via taxation I am forced to sub a load of wastrels as well as the more deserving.

Actually your analogy shows a remarkable ignorance of the taxation and benefits systems. I can choose whether to grant Dave a sub, or offer him a monetary gift, but via taxation I am forced to sub a load of wastrels as well as the more deserving.

As are the energy companies.

You could still give dave a sub though if you're raking it in

Well that's very misleading calling it an eco 7 tariff, as eco 7 meant cheap night rate, used to be 7 hours of cheap rate. (night storage heater users used to be all on it)
The tariff is named "Octopus Go Green xxx" at the top.
If anyone else manages to get onto Octopus Go without an EV let me know so I can try again with them ..!

So Im trying to understand why the majority of Europe are not seeing this ludicrous increases in energy prices compared to the UK.

Intersesting article in Euro news ( updated today 1/9 ), looks like we’re screwed.

Have we any coal fired power stations in mothballs we can fire up ?

There's something about Hungary.

No illegal migrant issues, virtually none, zero, zilch being brought across their borders by their own charities, let alone thousands a week. Not got an extra near two million mainly undocumented migrants now to house and feed, and probably subsidise ad infinitum, thanks to a Chancellor's moment of total madness.

Not welcomed infinite numbers of Ukrainian refugees with the carrot of a few quid a month to their hosts, only for the host country's cost of living going up so much it's making it necessary for their charges to be abandoned to similarly cash strapped, housing short councils after the statutory six months is up. Meanwhile people in the UK are apparently fearing a total inability to meet their energy bills.

Hungary currently enjoys one of the lowest energy prices across the board of any country within the EU, they're not being threatened on a monthly or more often timescale of annihilation by Russia... Not haemorrhaging money and military equipment and arms on a vast scale, with repayment dubious at best within several generations.

Yet poor old Viktor comes in for some real stick from those suffering everything Hungary isn't....

No illegal migrant issues, virtually none, zero, zilch being brought across their borders by their own charities, let alone thousands a week. Not got an extra near two million mainly undocumented migrants now to house and feed, and probably subsidise ad infinitum, thanks to a Chancellor's moment of total madness.

Not welcomed infinite numbers of Ukrainian refugees with the carrot of a few quid a month to their hosts, only for the host country's cost of living going up so much it's making it necessary for their charges to be abandoned to similarly cash strapped, housing short councils after the statutory six months is up. Meanwhile people in the UK are apparently fearing a total inability to meet their energy bills.

Hungary currently enjoys one of the lowest energy prices across the board of any country within the EU, they're not being threatened on a monthly or more often timescale of annihilation by Russia... Not haemorrhaging money and military equipment and arms on a vast scale, with repayment dubious at best within several generations.

Yet poor old Viktor comes in for some real stick from those suffering everything Hungary isn't....
Yes we could be a right wing russian sympathisers if we wanted to.

Sounds like utopia, when are you emigrating?

The tariff is named "Octopus Go Green xxx" at the top.
If anyone else manages to get onto Octopus Go without an EV let me know so I can try again with them ..!

They don’t check. I joined go about a month ago. Although I do have a qualifying car.

Just say you got one on order.

You need a smart meter and to load shift around 30% to make it cheaper (before October hike, however go will probably go up as well shortly)

Back
Top Bottom