Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I think he means with the new pricing. I'm 90 a month all electric and mines going to over £300, single person but 3 bed house
I think ours on the prices come October goes to around £180-£200. To be fair though I'm the issue as when I am home my PC and stuf is on all day long, we've already cut down as much as possible already.

Somehow I think there will be help from the gov, just my opinion, I don't think there will be an option. I mean not doing so will result in deaths.
I am on DD, its averaged out over the year, per month.
They won't care about deaths, they will care about rioting. That's why I think there'll be help. How much remains to be seen, but if millions of people literally can't afford food and heating then there'll be trouble and they must know that.

They won't care about deaths, they will care about rioting. That's why I think there'll be help. How much remains to be seen, but if millions of people literally can't afford food and heating then there'll be trouble and they must know that.

It won't just be rioting. Thefts and petty crime will also go up. Supermarkets are already recruiting more security guards.

Monthly payments don't mean much, whats your your annual usage (gas and electricity in kWh)?
Elec 3355KWh/year Gas 6241KWh/year - maybe data taken while furloughed though. Maybe my calcs are off, need to redo, I just guessed the spit of £140 was E60/G40 but not far off. Bed for me 7am shift, actually had pay increase recently, doing OT and getting bonuses at work so its all fine, but still shocking increases.

I’m no Tesla fan but a Model Y LR does at least 260 real world miles.
My Polestar 2 isn’t as efficient and with the same size battery (75kWh) does 230 miles.

I pulled the figures from a Google search with multiple sources quoting 260 miles.

Regardless, given the cost of petrol, I can do 250 miles for the cost that was stated ergo, at current SVR, EV charging costs has reached parity and will be at a higher cost come the Oct price cap.

Now I realise that lots of people will be on an overnight rate but that's not what I was referring to. Also, some will subsidise even more using solar to charge but, again, not what I am referring to (plus, if you want to be fair then you'd need to pro rata some of the upfront cost of a solar install onto the charging figure)

I think ours on the prices come October goes to around £180-£200. To be fair though I'm the issue as when I am home my PC and stuf is on all day long, we've already cut down as much as possible already.
Mine was a lot less but I've been working from home for 2 and a half years now and seems there is no plan to go back into the office so im eating the cost of me being at home all day during the work week plus im all electric which is a bitch

No we don't have the heating on.
Many people do.

Elec 3355KWh/year Gas 6241KWh/year - maybe data taken while furloughed though. Maybe my calcs are off, need to redo, I just guessed the spit of £140 was E60/G40 but not far off. Bed for me 7am shift, actually had pay increase recently, doing OT and getting bonuses at work so its all fine, but still shocking increases.
Nearly £3k at the October price cap.

No we don't have the heating on, even in the winter usually we go without (no mold issues). My PC acts a heater under my desk anyways haha
The flex tariff is just standard variable from what I know about it o_o same as anyone else
Walls injected with foam? That was one of the things I loved about the house I was in during the 80s. Thick stone wall and they injected foam throughout it. Kept the sunlight heat out during summer and was so cosy during winter, even though it was gas supplied. At times I miss that house to a degree. The current is a timber house. It heats up fast, gets cold fast but can hold onto the heat for 4 - 6 hours before it gets very cold. Unlike the old house.

Though, how long are we talking no heating with no mold? Dampness doesn't just start within a week or a month or two. It can take many months to start building up if there is no heat. 6 months or more but once it starts, it's hard to get rid of. I had a room like that. Had to get new flooring and a wall to get rid of it. You could smell it. Wasn't terrible but you could smell and feel the damp corner of the room. Once the room was aired and kept normal room temperature, it never came back.

Walls injected with foam? That was one of the things I loved about the house I was in during the 80s. Thick stone wall and they injected foam throughout it. Kept the sunlight heat out during summer and was so cosy during winter, even though it was gas supplied. At times I miss that house to a degree. The current is a timber house. It heats up fast, gets cold fast but can hold onto the heat for 4 - 6 hours before it gets very cold. Unlike the old house.

Though, how long are we talking no heating with no mold? Dampness doesn't just start within a week or a month or two. It can take many months to start building up if there is no heat. 6 months or more but once it starts, it's hard to get rid of. I had a room like that. Had to get new flooring and a wall to get rid of it. You could smell it. Wasn't terrible but you could smell and feel the damp corner of the room. Once the room was aired and kept normal room temperature, it never came back.
We have Rockwoll i think and regular insulation in the loft. Years without direct heating via the radiators. Heat from PC's, oven etc. No mold issues at all can't smell anything. It doesn't really get that cold (or what I would concider cold enough to whine) usually in shorts during the winter even outside. I'm one of those weird vampires who doesn't mind winter (I hate summer)

You can use this to check what it'll be in October - https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/what-are-the-price-cap-unit-rates-/

Then January increase will be another 50%.

Liz Truss is to announce a vast support package to deal with surging energy costs as her allies and officials discuss plans for a gas and electricity price freeze with industry leaders.

The foreign secretary is expected to be confirmed as Britain’s next prime minister today and will move rapidly to set out a new economic policy. The package to deal with growing energy bills this winter is understood to be on the scale of the Covid furlough scheme.

Senior Tories lined up for appointments in Truss’s cabinet have been told “in no uncertain terms” not to scorn the idea that energy bills could be frozen.

Industry sources said that a price freeze for consumers was “the only conversation that anyone was having with the government”, including discussions involving Kwasi Kwarteng, who is expected to be Truss’s chancellor.

“The plan is to introduce some kind of artificial price cap for consumers combined with a mechanism for reimbursing suppliers,” one source said. “Plans are reasonably well advanced and involve not just civil servants but also ministers lined up for jobs by Truss.”
The level of the price cap has not been set and businesses, particularly hospitality and retail, would need separate support, the source added.

That headlines so misleading. Truss basically is hositng a meeting to discuss the energy crisis. Everyone and their dog wants and is requesting a freeze but SHE hasn't committed or hinted on talking about a freeze. You only need to see how she repeatedly dodges the question when people ask her about a freeze.

I hope im wrong but i dont believe Thick lizzy will freeze prices

That headlines so misleading. Truss basically is hositng a meeting to discuss the energy crisis. Everyone and their dog wants and is requesting a freeze but SHE hasn't committed or hinted on talking about a freeze. You only need to see how she repeatedly dodges the question when people ask her about a freeze.

I hope im wrong but i dont believe Thick lizzy will freeze prices

Not giving it high odds, and I said before, but I think if they do, they'll need to freeze it at the October prices rather than the ones we have now. As in no jump in Jan/April etc.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what comes along in the next week though, much else is sort of guess work without credible sources or leaked info.

Not giving it high odds, and I said before, but I think if they do, they'll need to freeze it at the October prices rather than the ones we have now. As in no jump in Jan/April etc.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what comes along in the next week though, much else is sort of guess work without credible sources or leaked info.
If they freeze it at October's prices, then there will need to be other help packages too as millions are struggling now. Bills doubling in October and that number is going up big time.

Not sure what the government think people are going to do, just magic money from somewhere, it's not like people are spending on other stuff and saying they are just not paying the electric bill, there are people that just have no money left, let alone double the amount to pay for energy costs, even with cutting down on other things.
And another £400 package isn't going to be enough for some.

Back
Top Bottom