Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

A couple of months ago it was. Recently it has been low single digits. Gas has been dropping a lot last week so we may some more negative numbers. It’s still less than it is being sold on the EV tariffs.
Think may need to check gas prices again in the morning...

On topic of my above reply. Lifted this from the citizens advice website and might prove useful for some. Full link here https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/c...d-benefits-to-help-you-pay-your-energy-bills/ but summary below

Grants to help pay off your energy debts​

If you’re in debt to your energy supplier, you might be able to get a grant to help pay it off.

The following energy suppliers offer grants to their customers:

If you can’t get a grant from your supplier, you might be able to get a grant from the British Gas Energy Trust. These grants are available to anyone - you don’t have to be a British Gas customer. You’ll need to get debt advice before applying - get help from a debt adviser.

If you've already spoken to a debt adviser - check if you can get a grant from the British Gas Energy Trust.

Before you apply​

When you apply for a grant, you'll have to provide detailed information about your financial situation in your application. It could take a while to complete, and it might be worth getting help from a friend or family member. You can also talk to an adviser for help filling in forms.

It’s worth checking on the trust or fund website if there’s anything else you need to do before you apply.

For example, if your supplier is E.ON, E.ON Next or EDF you’ll need to show you’ve completed a budget sheet with a Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) approved adviser. To do this:

1. Find an adviser using the debt advice locator on the Money Helper website
  2. Check if the adviser or their firm is on the FCA register
  3. Contact the adviser to arrange a conversation where you’ll complete a budget sheet
You can get ready for your conversation by using the Budget Planner on the Money Helper website.

Another reminder rebump if this helps anyone here or if you know anyone any of these may help

Bit of advice please people.... I am currently seperating from wife (if anyone didnt already know) and we're selling the house in next few months. Current EON contract ends mid October and I've got renewal options. Given I don't want to be in any contracts at moment they have a Next Flex tariff which seems much lower (currently) than what is on a fixed rate or the SVR.

Should I just sign up for this and pray they don't shaft me in month 1 or 2. I hope to be out by first week of November so not even a month of usage.

Sorry to hear you and the wife are seperating :( Stay strong!

Next flex is the ofgem cap or variable rate. You will auto drop onto this at the end of your fixed deal unless you sign into another fixed deal. The Nextflex figures on that page becomes defunct on 1st October and will be replaced by the new price cap from 1st Oct so technically ignore those prices as you wont get them if you are in contract until Mid Oct. The Next flex rates from 1st Oct will be around 52p elec and 14.7p gas approx give or take depending where you are in the country and will last until January 1st.
If you are in the process of selling and expect to be sold before 1st Jan i wouldn't do anything and just let it auto drop onto the NextFlex as it will save you money. If you do agree to anything though, just let eon know when you moved out and the contract ends on that date so you arent held to anything once you no longer possess the property. I work for EONNext so if you have any questions gimme a shout :)

There are some impressively light footed drivers in this thread.

Not really. Just more mature people with kids or even that they just wanting to economise? Also some of us live in the countryside so can pootle along without stopping and starting.

I think even if I still had my 300bhp+ cars I probably would drive them less.

Must admit I've started driving at 65mph max. Every little and all that. Driving at 85 apparently uses around 40% more fuel than 70.
And why are you going at 85 when the limit is 70 anyway? wonder how many speed tickets you have dodged.
Although I have more of an issue of people going slower than the speed limit, really gets on my nerves people going at 30-35 on a 40 road meaning I keep catching up and having to slow down. Or people who take FOREVER to get up to speed from a stop light.

And why are you going at 85 when the limit is 70 anyway? wonder how many speed tickets you have dodged.
Although I have more of an issue of people going slower than the speed limit, really gets on my nerves people going at 30-35 on a 40 road meaning I keep catching up and having to slow down. Or people who take FOREVER to get up to speed from a stop light.
It's a limit not a target :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Must admit I've started driving at 65mph max. Every little and all that. Driving at 85 apparently uses around 40% more fuel than 70.

When I commute to the main office (which is 90 miles one way) I'm happy to sit in lane 1 with the engine just below peak torque in 7th gear. The time of day I leave it makes no difference to the time really and adds significant economy.

I work for EONNext so if you have any questions gimme a shout :)

On an EON related note - I got smart meters installed recently and have set them to 30 minute readings which the website suggests means there should be more info on my account but there isnt - I just get an updated bill every month so what's the point?

Didn't seem to me that he was saying he used to drive at 85. He said apparently driving at 85 which a lot of people do, uses 40% more fuel.

It's a limit not a target :cry:
Nah if you are in front of multiple cars you should be going at the speed limit if nothing in front of you is stopping it. Just holding up traffic otherwise.
Might be partly down to my car can only shift to 6th gear when going at exactly 40 when it goes to 38-39 it goes to 5th gear which really anoyys me. People going slower than the speed limit gives me less economy.

Nah if you are in front of multiple cars you should be going at the speed limit if nothing in front of you is stopping it. Just holding up traffic otherwise.

Actually you should be driving to the conditions of the road, weather and situation and ultimately to your skills. If that means driving a little slower than the speed limit then it's perfectly fine and better to do so.

Actually you should be driving to the conditions of the road, weather and situation and ultimately to your skills.
On 70 roads sure, but on 30-40 roads even rain isn't an issue just don't go around roundabouts at speed.
Ofcourse go slower if something is stopping you or in the way, but on a "sunny" clear day, get to the speed limit already......specially on single lane roads where you can't overtake.

I can see electric theft via EV chargers becoming a thing - People 'borrowing' your driveway/charger while your away etc

How many people bother to lockdown their home charger either with a software setting/disconnect switch/physical lock ?
My disconnect switch is a dedicated consumer unit just for the charger... which is next to the charger :p I have my Pod Point set to a 15 minute schedule in the dead of the night. I just change it when I need to charge (not on GO yet for the cheap overnight rate).

Google says that a full 75 kWh Model Y is good for 260 miles (probably 230 real World)

23 litres of petrol (roughly 5 gallons) would get me 250 miles in my car (50mpg).

So yeah, on Oct price cap and standard tariff, it's reached cross over

I’m no Tesla fan but a Model Y LR does at least 260 real world miles.
My Polestar 2 isn’t as efficient and with the same size battery (75kWh) does 230 miles.

Mainly because I'm a bit of a rebel. I flaunt the law at every given opportunity and consider speed limits for the common folk.

On 70 roads sure, but between 30-40 even rain isn't an issue.

Sure 90% of the time I think I agree. As frustrating as it is you should just chill out and either wait for a safe space to over take or just enjoy the scenery! I do agree those that carry on at 35-40 in a 30 is more frustrating.

Where I live there are a lot of cyclists, horses and tractors so driving fast isn't really applicable on the roads. I guess it depends on the road and the situation you're in.

Sure 90% of the time I think I agree. As frustrating as it is you should just chill out and either wait for a safe space to over take or just enjoy the scenery! I do agree those that carry on at 35-40 in a 30 is more frustrating.
I have places to be! If I'm in the car I'm trying to get somewhere and I'd rather not delayed!
Also can't really overtake on single lane roads safely specially the ones where I drive lol
To be fair though, if I was "allowed" to go past 30-40 on the roads I drive on to work, I totally would go quite abit faster, seems quite slow to me, 50 would be no bother on them roads.
:cry:

Back
Top Bottom