Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

On an EON related note - I got smart meters installed recently and have set them to 30 minute readings which the website suggests means there should be more info on my account but there isnt - I just get an updated bill every month so what's the point?
There is apparently an update to the App thats coming "soon" that will allow you to see your Half Hourly Data/usage but its not in the app at the moment. The HH reads will be going to the DCC and will allow EON to pull adhoc reads if needed alongside your monthly read. It's recommended to keep it on HH or daily read frequency as monthly seems to cause some issues. I could manually pull your HH data for a day but it would be in an XML file and its not really usable to the average person. At the moment you wont see the HH data on the website either as when its included in the app it'll be added to the website too.

sigh, I'm on EDF (not that it matters), by my recent calculation means going from £140/month to £250/month, I rounded it down a bit due to the incoming gov money. Maybe it'll be less if we get more help from gov, but since it might also go up again in March(?) I guess we'll see about that. This will have pretty big implications, no one will go out or buy anything coz all money going on energy bills, recession yada yada.

I'll probably give them a call and manually increase my direct debit rather than wait for a random big bill.

sigh, I'm on EDF (not that it matters), by my recent calculation means going from £140/month to £250/month, I rounded it down a bit due to the incoming gov money. Maybe it'll be less if we get more help from gov, but since it might also go up again in March(?) I guess we'll see about that. This will have pretty big implications, no one will go out or buy anything coz all money going on energy bills, recession yada yada.

I'll probably give them a call and manually increase my direct debit rather than wait for a random big bill.

caps change every 3 months, so October, then Jan, then April.

Jan is predicted to be up, as is April, but predictions can change.

Will need to see what new PM announces more fully next week as well, which is likely to be something of some kind, but no one really knows what yet.

I have places to be! If I'm in the car I'm trying to get somewhere and I'd rather not delayed!
Also can't really overtake on single lane roads safely specially the ones where I drive lol
To be fair though, if I was "allowed" to go past 30-40 on the roads I drive on to work, I totally would go quite abit faster, seems quite slow to me, 50 would be no bother on them roads.
:cry:
Heh. Yeah I used to be like that. I just chill out these days. :) Stay safe. :)
Woah you have 7 gears? my car only has 5! :eek:

Some cars have 8-9 gears now!

EU has tentatively announced they can do without Russian gas based on current storage and predictions.

I think we've stepped up production in some areas already, increased shipments of LNG, and encouraged less usage where possible, I wonder how much usage is down by generally from this time last year.

Higher prices will also hit demand a bit.

It may be that there is enough of a plan going on in the EU generally to cover the shortfall and lower demand enough to get by.

It's going up another 52% (forcasted) January 1st and then an unknown amount April 1st

I feel the pain though, my contract ends 29th Sept so below only contains 11 months of info, I've factored in the rough price cap for me form Oct-Jan then 52% on top of that from Jan onwards as i dont know what the April or July increase will be. All figures include VAT and SC

HBbIhZH.png

Edit: I fudged my meter reads Jan 22 as my smart meter wasnt communicating at the time hence the cost being the same. Aug 22 i turned my hot water tank off as i really dont use it enough to warrant the cost hence the Night drop in August 22

I thought that's been ruled out? both of them said there is going to be no more help (like the £400 payment) from what I read?
Also just switch to whole amount DD and pay your exact bill every month. No need to be giving them more than you use or guessing.
Somehow I think there will be help from the gov, just my opinion, I don't think there will be an option. I mean not doing so will result in deaths.
I am on DD, its averaged out over the year, per month.

Somehow I think their will be help from the gov, just my opinion, I don't think there will be an option. I mean not doing so will result in deaths.

I would not rely on it, plan for worst case scenario, make adjustments where you can.

I would not rely on it, plan for worst case scenario, make adjustments where you can.
I'm not, I rounded £268 down to £250 eg the £400 payment we're all getting covered that.

dunno how to paste images but the gist:

Monthly payment amount£140 (collected on 28th of each month)
Current ratesElectricity (ends 30 September 2022)
Unit rate: 27.86p per kWh
Standing charge: 48.13p per day

Gas (ends 30 September 2022)
Unit rate: 7.367p per kWh
Standing charge: 27.22p per day
New ratesElectricity (starts 01 October 2022)
Unit rate: 51.57p per kWh
Standing charge: 49.14p per day

Gas (starts 01 October 2022)
Unit rate: 14.761p per kWh
Standing charge: 28.48p per day

Somehow I think there will be help from the gov, just my opinion, I don't think there will be an option. I mean not doing so will result in deaths.
Yeah I wouldn't count on it....we are in for a very dark winter. Maybe that's part of the plan though? killing off a large part of the population who technically don't contribute anything anymore (very morbid but....)

Not really. Just more mature people with kids or even that they just wanting to economise? Also some of us live in the countryside so can pootle along without stopping and starting.

I think even if I still had my 300bhp+ cars I probably would drive them less.
All the limits around here are 50's, and quite often I'm not even doing that, what's the rush.

I'm not, I rounded £268 down to £250 eg the £400 payment we're all getting covered that.

dunno how to paste images but the gist:

Monthly payment amount£140 (collected on 28th of each month)
Current ratesElectricity (ends 30 September 2022)
Unit rate: 27.86p per kWh
Standing charge: 48.13p per day

Gas (ends 30 September 2022)
Unit rate: 7.367p per kWh
Standing charge: 27.22p per day
New ratesElectricity (starts 01 October 2022)
Unit rate: 51.57p per kWh
Standing charge: 49.14p per day

Gas (starts 01 October 2022)
Unit rate: 14.761p per kWh
Standing charge: 28.48p per day

Monthly payments don't mean much, whats your your annual usage (gas and electricity in kWh)?

Yeah I wouldn't count on it....we are in for a very dark winter. Maybe that's part of the plan though? killing off a large part of the population who technically don't contribute anything anymore (very morbid but....)
i love the fact you updated your post to add the last part in which makes my post with the pic even more relevant :cry:

I used to pay £60 / month before being furloughed, that went up to £70, then this skyrocket, bearing in mind this is a 1 bedroom flat and erm £250/month! nuts.. My smart meters were installed and never worked so basically they're dumb meters, I'll try and resolve that, but I've manually submitted meter readings. I think I should be getting a bit of saving due to not being furloughed for over a year now.

I used to pay £60 / month before being furloughed, that went up to £70, then this skyrocket, bearing in mind this is a 1 bedroom flat and erm £250/month! nuts.. My smart meters were installed and never worked so basically they're dumb meters, I'll try and resolve that, but I've manually submitted meter readings. I think I should be getting a bit of saving due to not being furloughed for over a year now.
Are you on your own? even with todays prices £250 for a 1 bed room flat is stupidly high, you must be doing something that uses a crap ton of energy.
I'm in a 3 bed house with 3 adults and currently we are using around £100 a month on the standard tariff (i'm not home all the time but...)

Back
Top Bottom