Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Right so nice question avoidance.

This package is a targeted one and we will see the details tomorrow.
Who knows what it will be, once we see it we will see if the plan is to help everyone, seeing as everyone* is feeling the impact of the COL, or just the poor.

* Bar the top couple of percent or so.

Was not avoidance, was a misunderstanding, see edit on the quoted previous post, I was probably writing it as you replied. :)

I agree we have to wait until the full details are announced to see what's what and while it is indeed true everyone is being hit by the impact of COL, the effect of that in their circumstances can be very different for a single person on minimum wage, vs a 2 parent household with good salaries.
They key will be / is finding the right balance so you're not over-burdening those who are only just managing to cope (which seems quite a common theme in recent years) while still helping those who really are the worst-off.

Was not avoidance, was a misunderstanding, see edit on the quoted previous post, I was probably writing it as you replied. :)

I agree we have to wait until the full details are announced to see what's what and while it is indeed true everyone is being hit by the impact of COL, the effect of that in their circumstances can be very different for a single person on minimum wage, vs a 2 parent household with good salaries.
They key will be / is finding the right balance so you're not over-burdening those who are only just managing to cope (which seems quite a common theme in recent years) while still helping those who really are the worst-off.

Ok to misunderstanding :)

I don't disagree that circumstances will dictate the impact, which was my bloody point!
People saying it should be capped at x units I would say are almost always going to be people who themselves are low users. Which in itself could be argued is an advantage not all can have (eg the other groups I mentioned who cant)
You hear low income* (I mean including those on basic state benefits here) saying bah all them rich people like a 2 parent household with good salaries as if its easy for many of them. Its 100% not.
Now some of that is self inflicted here, eg they maybe didnt HAVE to have a 3 bed house, they could have had the parents and kids in 1 room together, or 2 cars, one of them could ferry the other to work (constantly late oops)and the kids to school, now very late oops.
They could demand family look after the kids on school holidays and after school to save nursery fees (which are eye watering btw, basically as much as minimum wage for many, per child).

Its very easy to look at others and assume as their base income is "high" that its easy. From my experience its only easy if you sustain a high salary for a long period, Ive known plenty who have earned good money for short periods, it doesnt really make much difference. In fact I would argue the opposite, in that it embeds an expectation thats even harder to realise.

The reality is most people arent finding it easy.

I totally disagree with a badly targetted low amount, but for example I would get behind a very high amount being the crossover point, with maybe an excessive user charge.
But as even they get complicated it would make energy saving and solar etc far more beneficial to them, it would also mean you would closely need to watch for things like dual supply.

I really want to see the arguments switching from who should get help and how much etc to whats the plan to reduce our reliance on imported fuels as fast as possible

Free energy for all is the answer.

Build a dozen or so nuclear power plants this was the original selling point of nuclear power back in the 50's

Ngl kinda want to see what happens at dollar parity at this rate.
GBP is going to fall much further against the USD, just like the Euro has done. With current Fed interest rate rise predication vs Bank of England, we'll be looking at around 0.75p to 1USD by May 2023, if not a lot sooner.
So energy companies get billions of pounds of free money whilst the cost of electricity and gas goes up even more. A spectacular fail by incompetent Truss, and expect much more over the coming weeks.

GBP is going to fall much further against the USD, just like the Euro has done. With current Fed interest rate rise predication vs Bank of England, we'll be looking at around 0.75p to 1USD by May 2023, if not a lot sooner.
So energy companies get billions of pounds of free money whilst the cost of electricity and gas goes up even more. A spectacular fail by incompetent Truss, and expect much more over the coming weeks.
Lol.
I don't think we can blame truss just yet.

Based on my financial team's analytics, we've calculated that the UK's average wage will need to increase by around 40% by May 2023 to maintain current standards of living.
This is when using current world interest rates and rate rise projections as data over the next 9 months.

Lol

Based on my financial team's analytics, we've calculated that the UK's average wage will need to increase by around 40% by May 2023 to maintain current standards of living.
This is when using current world interest rates and rate rise projections as data over the next 9 months.
Double lol.

'My financial team'

Triple LOL

Jesus Christ.

Well if we are going to move industrial production back from China they do need to create a cheap workforce.

Back
Top Bottom