Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Well if we are going to move industrial production back from China they do need to create a cheap workforce.
Automation is how it will come back. This is the US approach. Much higher salaries there but they are bringing back lots of manufacturing from China. They have just put a 10 year blocker on advanced technologies factories being setup in China.

You are in the right track, with enough automation we can have the best of both worlds a manufacturing and service economy.
. The Chinese are good at ip theft by lack innovation

UK Gas hit 385p/thm today at one point

Only another ~80p to go until Truss' energy price cap (£2.5K) doesn't cost anything

Price cap will also mean inflation peaks in October at 10.8% according to Citi (the same people who forecast 22%)

Only another ~80p to go until Truss' energy price cap (£2.5K) doesn't cost anything

Price cap will also mean inflation peaks in October at 10.8% according to Citi (the same people who forecast 22%)
Oil cheapest since jan currently too, what energy crisis?

Can you post the team's working outs please?

image.png

:D :D :D

Based on my financial team's analytics, we've calculated that the UK's average wage will need to increase by around 40% by May 2023 to maintain current standards of living.
This is when using current world interest rates and rate rise projections as data over the next 9 months.

Oh look it's the troll who was telling people to just turn their freezer off for 3 months.

Seems to have been dropping since Germany announced it almost filled its reserves, I speculated recently we been paying more during summer due to Europe filling its storage.

Looking at the 5y graph though its still clearly very high and extremely volatile, look how smooth things were in early 2021 and older. So energy remains very insecure.

Can you post the team's working outs please?
I'll see what I can get when I next meet. It's fairly complex and takes in many factors.

In a nutshell though, the 40% is partially based on GBP VS USD. US Fed are going to take on a very aggressive monetary tightening policy which will see interest rates ramped very high, and with QT, will make the USD much stronger. The UK and EU are not going to be anywhere close to the Fed in terms of rate rises, and with more stimulus (highly inflationary) to try and "manage" the energy crisis, both GBP and Euro have much further to fall. As everything is priced in USD, UK and EU customers are shafted. The governor of the BOfE had tried to talk the markets out of inflation, but they're having none of it as it's boss (US Federal Reserve) have called them out big time.

World demand will increase VS supply. Unfortunately for the UK and EU, the demand will be in the US who will be better placed to pay more reasonable prices given their stable currency. A hyperinflated currency like the GBP and Euro can only ever mean higher prices, so unless you get that significant pay rise, you will go without.

I'll see what I can get when I next meet. It's fairly complex and takes in many factors.

In a nutshell though, the 40% is partially based on GBP VS USD. US Fed are going to take on a very aggressive monetary tightening policy which will see interest rates ramped very high, and with QT, will make the USD much stronger. The UK and EU are not going to be anywhere close to the Fed in terms of rate rises, and with more stimulus (highly inflationary) to try and "manage" the energy crisis, both GBP and Euro have much further to fall. As everything is priced in USD, UK and EU customers are shafted. The governor of the BOfE had tried to talk the markets out of inflation, but they're having none of it as it's boss (US Federal Reserve) have called them out big time.

World demand will increase VS supply. Unfortunately for the UK and EU, the demand will be in the US who will be better placed to pay more reasonable prices given their stable currency. A hyperinflated currency like the GBP and Euro can only ever mean higher prices, so unless you get that significant pay rise, you will go without.
I can see what you meant when you previously said the USA were going to break the EU

Back
Top Bottom