Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Indeed. Some people just want to shovel endless money to the "vulnerable" and in need. At this rate they going to live middle income lives without doing a stroke of work.
I think would need to give them a 5 figure sum for that. But I guess endless money is ok for tax cuts and wasteful price caps (not tiered).

Indeed. Some people just want to shovel endless money to the "vulnerable" and in need. At this rate they going to live middle income lives without doing a stroke of work.
I wonder if you would be singing this same tune if you were one of those "vulnerable" people in need that was having to rely on Universal Credit to live.

How we care for those most vulnerable in our society say the most about our society as a whole and the people within in.

I wonder if you would be singing this same tune if you were one of those "vulnerable" people in need that was having to rely on Universal Credit to live.

I worked my ass off at school and uni so I wouldn't have to be. But life choices huh? Oh and I'm technically classed as "vulnerable" but I refuse to make it an excuse for my life

Everyone just waiting for confirmation of the unit prices now..............
Maybe 35p ish elec and 10p gas
Those will be close to the numbers I expect yeah. Will be very likely keeping my Agile tariff.

What happens on my gas tracker depends on the announced unit price and if they apply the cap to all tariffs.

So how long before we see protests on the streets of the UK and an end to the sanctions on Russia.
Cant be long now, I did say countries in Europe would start calling for an end to all this so many months ago in the Ukraine thread and most of you foamed at the mouth.
Well its coming.

Wonder how many Tory snouts are feeding at the energy trough. : Truss fund donors : 100K came from the wife of James Hay, a former BP executive

Bill from Truss will just be pushed down the road ... labour can't retrospectively introduce an additional windfall tax,
I suppose govt can u-turn after christmas, even if they & civil servants had months to come up with this idea.
Truss used to work for one of them.

I have tried to explain this a few times, we get a "cannot afford to renationalise, how do you pay for it etc."

But spending 75 billion a year to subsidise bills and shareholders is fine so we can keep the current privatisation model.

I'm confused why people keep talking about the Government spending x amount. It's going be a loan to the energy companies and will be expected to be paid back.

I worked my ass off at school and uni so I wouldn't have to be. But life choices huh? Oh and I'm technically classed as "vulnerable" but I refuse to make it an excuse for my life

This is a perfect example of an utterly disgusting attitude that is so pervasive in current society it makes me want to vomit.

You think people who are disabled, or have limited physical or mental capacity "just didn't work hard enough at school at uni?"
You need to take a long hard look at yourself because the person you're appearing to be right now, is profoundly ugly. (And I am not speaking physically)

Yeah it's never gonna go back to the good ol days.

Will start saving for solar when eventually move. Want to have the cash ready buy. Or if there are loans/grants can put it to the mortgage etc

I think its safe to assume this 2500 cap is the new norm. Will make calcing ROI on panels much easier
The new cap has effectively normalised £2500 average costs. Its kind of like telling the industry we consider that price ok.

I'm confused why people keep talking about the Government spending x amount. It's going be a loan to the energy companies and will be expected to be paid back.
They are borrowing £150 billion to allow the energy providers to pay the energy producers the the difference between the money they get from the cap (which we pay) and the market value.
This £150 billion plus interest will be paid by us, through taxation.
The only solution should be a windfall tax. There is literally no reason not to do it. Apart from to make the rich richer.
This isn’t a good solution.

They are borrowing £150 billion to allow the energy providers to pay the energy producers with the money to pay for the difference between the cap and the market value.
This £150 billion plus interest will be paid by us, through taxation.
The only solution should be a windfall tax. There is literally no reason not to do it. Apart from to make the rich richer.

Thanks for subsidising my pool and hot tub heating bill, luckily for you the pool is using a heat pump, so could be worse.

At what point would you stop simply handing people out loads of money?
At the point they are able to have an acceptable standard / quality of living, as considered by the majority of the population. Would you want anything less if it was you needing the help due to disability, physical / mental impairment or other issues?

We've had 12 years of the Tories throwing the table scraps down to those least fortunate, (They even took away the UC rate rise that was given during Covid) it's about time people started having some damn empathy.

At what point would you stop simply handing people out loads of money?
When they have enough money to live on.

I mean, the selfishness is pretty obvious here, you dont have an issue with wasteful cap costing 150 billion I assume as you benefit from it, but you would have an issue with a fraction of that been properly targeted.

A social tariff would also work if priced at Oct 2021 levels.

At the point they are able to have an acceptable standard / quality of living, as considered by the majority of the population. Would you want anything less if it was you needing the help due to disability, physical / mental impairment or other issues?
What would be the point of working in such a scenario?

When they have enough money to live on.

I mean, the selfishness is pretty obvious here, you dont have an issue with wasteful cap costing 150 billion I assume as you benefit from it, but you would have an issue with a fraction of that been properly targeted.
Money is already targeted at the vulnerable, they already get a lot more than me tbh. But nice try.

Back
Top Bottom