Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

What would be the point of working in such a scenario?
Did you just deliberately choose to ignore the part that clearly says....
At the point they are able to have an acceptable standard / quality of living, as considered by the majority of the population. Would you want anything less if it was you needing the help due to disability, physical / mental impairment or other issues?

Do tell me how someone who is physically or mentally disabled to a point they are unable to work and as such reliant on Universal Credit can simply choose to "just work instead". ?

We're talking about helping those LEAST FORTUNATE in our society so that they have a chance to live with some dignity. We are not talking about every jack, jill, bob and dick free handouts so nobody has to work again.

Money is already targeted at the vulnerable, they already get a lot more than me tbh. But nice try.
Oh really.

This has just got interesting.

So to clarify you think the poorest have more money than yourself who obviously from your posts didnt qualify for the £650.

you give someone with a 15k income a year a one off £650 and they better off than someone on 50k a year, its a very interesting take.

You read it and replied about something I didn't quote. Well played.
Do I really need to spell it out?

To put it in simple terms, I don't consider myself a highly opinionated person. My post count since 2009 backs this up. If I was a hot head, I'd have a post count up there on your level.

The irony of calling someone highly opinionated when they hardly ever contribute in the first place.

Money is already targeted at the vulnerable, they already get a lot more than me tbh. But nice try.

img.gif

To put it in simple terms, I don't consider myself a highly opinionated person. My post count since 2009 backs this up. If I was a hot head, I'd have a post count up there on your level.

The irony of calling someone highly opinionated when they hardly ever contribute in the first place.
844 posts in 13 years smells like a second account tbh

We're talking about helping those LEAST FORTUNATE in our society so that they have a chance to live with some dignity. We are not talking about every jack, jill, bob and dick free handouts so nobody has to work again.
And ad I said, those people already get more help than others. The help is already there.
Oh really.

This has just got interesting.

So to clarify you think the poorest have more money than yourself who obviously from your posts didnt qualify for the £650.
No I don't think they have more money than me I didn't say that, I have a good well paid job and earn a decent living. My point is we can't just keep.handing out free money and thinking it solves everything. Support is.already there and extra support for the vulnerable to deal with cost of living is already there. Energy is now capped so taxpayers can keep funding the vulnerable as well and the economy won't go down the toilet.

Aren't meters usually hidden behind though white boxes that take a plastic triangular prism type key. I've never seen one requiring a key like the one you posted.

It is a flat. It's also a house door style key and not one of those bigger keys I forget the name.

I shall have to ask the guy above if has one to cut, or the management company although no doubt that would take forever!

And ad I said, those people already get more help than others. The help is already there.
No I don't think they have more money than me I didn't say that, I have a good well paid job and earn a decent living. My point is we can't just keep.handing out free money and thinking it solves everything. Support is.already there and extra support for the vulnerable to deal with cost of living is already there. Energy is now capped so taxpayers can keep funding the vulnerable as well and the economy won't go down the toilet.
It doesnt solve everything but I just find it a bit illogical you have no issue with a wasteful all you can eat cap to fund heating swimming pools and the like, but then suddenly have an issue paying to make sure people can eat whilst keeping their lights on.

No but you very clearly insinuated that by "continuing to throw money at them" would result in everyone not bothering to work anymore.

You not only confused "helping those most vulnerable" with "giving handouts to everyone" to try and make your argument.
As you yourself said, You good, well paid job and earn a decent living.
So WHY do you have such a problem with the idea of allowing a disabled person who is unable to work to be given enough money each month to actually have a respectable quality of life and not just "exist" ?

Support is already there, but it is NOT ENOUGH and you're sat there arguing that they shouldn't get anymore because you're not getting any yourself.

Can you not see how profoundly selfish you appear?

This is a perfect example of an utterly disgusting attitude that is so pervasive in current society it makes me want to vomit.

You think people who are disabled, or have limited physical or mental capacity "just didn't work hard enough at school at uni?"
You need to take a long hard look at yourself because the person you're appearing to be right now, is profoundly ugly. (And I am not speaking physically)

Claim down darling, you asked about me directly, if you didn't want that answer and clutch your handbag then you shouldn't have dragged me into it

Post count has nothing to with being opinionated or not. Your recent posts on the pound, boe and your financial team are highly opinionated and in my own highly opinionated view utter garbage, but to each his own..

Sorry if this has already been covered...

Lots of references to the "cap" of £2500 but in practical terms what we need to know is what the maximum standing and unit charges are going to be for both gas and electric. Trying to get through to my missus that the cap does not mean we will be paying £2500. Our current estimated annual bill from Ovo for dual fuel is around £1300 so nowhere even near the current cap. If the new revised cap represents around a 30% rise in the domestic tariff then we could probably expect that to rise to around £1700 but take off the £400 puts it back where it was. We are already slightly overpaying on our recommended direct debit (£120 instead of £101) and have built up a surplus of around £350 in credit on the account.

So the irony is, at the end of all this might end up paying a bit less than currenty, at least for a time.

This is a perfect example of an utterly disgusting attitude that is so pervasive in current society it makes me want to vomit.

You think people who are disabled, or have limited physical or mental capacity "just didn't work hard enough at school at uni?"
You need to take a long hard look at yourself because the person you're appearing to be right now, is profoundly ugly. (And I am not speaking physically)

Disabled people already get extra support and have already received or will receive extra support above the energy cap to help as well.

No but you very clearly insinuated that by "continuing to throw money at them" would result in everyone not bothering to work anymore.

You not only confused "helping those most vulnerable" with "giving handouts to everyone" to try and make your argument.
As you yourself said, You good, well paid job and earn a decent living.
So WHY do you have such a problem with the idea of allowing a disabled person who is unable to work to be given enough money each month to actually have a respectable quality of life and not just "exist" ?

Support is already there, but it is NOT ENOUGH and you're sat there arguing that they shouldn't get anymore because you're not getting any yourself.

Can you not see how profoundly selfish you appear?

Be careful now. You may be labelled a troll real soon, or maybe you're another one (like me, allegedly) who has a second account because you have a relatively low post count.

Back
Top Bottom