Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Disabled people already get extra support and have already received or will receive extra support above the energy cap to help as well.
I am in the process of bailing out of this discussion, but my final point will be the problem here is the poorer you are, the bigger the impact of these increases as a % of income, thats why we are saying these unprecedented payments are not enough even though this kind of thing has never been done before. The issues really started ramping up on bill defaults after the April increase. This is why I said a cost of 25% above the already unaffordable April increase is too much, I hope you at least understand this.

Thread debates could be settled in Mortal Kombat.

1,2 or 3 on a coin toss, GD vote on console.
Feels very speakers corner in here.

Anyway.... I worry a lot won't realise how much they will be paying until their first October bill. Just thinking hey its £2500/12. I can only help and advise friends and family so much unfortunately.

Claim down darling, you asked about me directly, if you didn't want that answer and clutch your handbag then you shouldn't have dragged me into it
If you didn't want to hear an honest response to your disgusting point of view about those least fortunate in our society, you should have kept it to yourself.
Don't start with that "if you didn't want the answer you shouldn't have asked" crap to defend your utterly insensitive, disrespectful and frankly abhorrent comment.
Disabled people already get extra support and have already received or will receive extra support above the energy cap to help as well.
Yes they do.. and it's STILL NOT ENOUGH... stop crying about the fact you don't get anything with your (self-confessed) "good, well paid job" while "earning a decent living". Try actually imagining what life would be like stuck on Universal Credit, wheelchair or bedbound and then consider how ****ing lucky you are.

Post count has nothing to with being opinionated or not. Your recent posts on the pound, boe and your financial team are highly opinionated and in my own highly opinionated view utter garbage, but to each his own..
You would say that. Ordinary people don't feel it necessary to be spamming internet forums unless they're an insecure attention seeker who desperately wants someone to listen. Most of their content is low value opinionated nonsense, and the majority of people who reply are just like them.

Thread debates could be settled in Mortal Kombat.

1,2 or 3 on a coin toss, GD vote on console.
Feels very speakers corner in here.

Anyway.... I worry a lot won't realise how much they will be paying until their first October bill. Just thinking hey its £2500/12. I can only help and advise friends and family so much unfortunately.
Almost feels like it has been done deliberately that way for months.. Constant media spouting "average bills to rise to x" instead of just giving actual unit pricing. It's like even in the midst of trying to "fix" things, they're still being somewhat dishonest and could easily lead to some people assuming it's a £2500/yr cap regardless.

According to the BBC its been added to government debt so repaid via general taxation.

They are borrowing £150 billion to allow the energy providers to pay the energy producers the the difference between the money they get from the cap (which we pay) and the market value.
This £150 billion plus interest will be paid by us, through taxation.
The only solution should be a windfall tax. There is literally no reason not to do it. Apart from to make the rich richer.
This isn’t a good solution.

Government backed loans from what I understand, which bridge the gap between the cap and the market price. These need to be paid back by the energy firms.

As ever, just like the unit price of the cap, the media is extremely light on details.

In order to deliver energy at this lower cost, suppliers will be offered government-backed loans that they can use to cover rising wholesale gas.

If it transpires that it's not loans and 100% funded by the tax payer that is pretty poor. Though either way, even if it were to be a windfall tax, the public/consumers pay for it in the end.

You would say that. Ordinary people don't feel it necessary to be spamming internet forums unless they're an insecure attention seeker who desperately wants someone to listen. Most of their content is low value opinionated nonsense, and the majority of people who reply are just like them.
Why bother posting here if you feel that way. I guess insulting half the forum is not a good look for you tbh, as if your highly opinionated posts were not bad enough already.

From what I have seen online so far it seems like a very good plan which I am very happy with, paying £2.5k per year is much better than paying £4k, £5k or more for a typical household. Couldn't really ask for anything better.

From what I have seen online so far it seems like a very good plan which I am very happy with, paying £2.5k per year is much better than paying £4k, £5k or more for a typical household. Couldn't really ask for anything better.
2.5k for the average home. We still don't seem to know what the unit costs are.

Government backed loans from what I understand, which bridge the gap between the cap and the market price. These need to be paid back by the energy firms.

As ever, just like the unit price of the cap, the media is extremely light on details.

If it transpires that it's not loans and 100% funded by the tax payer that is pretty poor. Though either way, even if it were to be a windfall tax, the public/consumers pay for it in the end.
I think the issue with the government backed loans idea is I expect the government would have paid anyway. But a government backed loan would probably have higher interest than normal government debt. There is also the unpopularity of further increasing the SC to pay it back.

With the recent events I doubt they will be releasing anything soon.

EDIT: I just noticed the profile picture, nice touch

If anything it gives them more time to figure out what they're going to do because they clearly didn't have the details anywhere near finalised yesterday when they announced it.

Martin Lewis says:
Source: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...-freeze-cost-of-living-government-liz-truss-/

British Gas say current costs are:
Source: https://www.britishgas.co.uk/energy/price-cap.html
1yVlC6A.png

Quick Maffs:
Source: me
IFurP4t.png

Does this seem right?
Think the unit rates will be higher than that as they won't be reduced by the £400 discount, so the rates will be based on an average price of £2500 and then they will discount the monthly bill by ~£66 over winter.

Back
Top Bottom