Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

This is absurd, how are they allowed to do this?
It technically is advertised on the web pages of some companies in the DD section (will not be on any paper documents or emails) , but that's the only place it's mentioned and you won't get agents promoting it for the most part (I've gotten in trouble more than once for heavily promoting it to people who are setting up DD) it's not even offered as an option online to switch to.

Ask why and the company response would be its safer to have a bunch of credit come winter time and it's easier to manage if you spread the cost throughout the year. The real answer is they want YOUR money sitting in the company accounts too make shareholders happy.

It technically is advertised on the web pages of some companies in the DD section (will not be on any paper documents or emails) , but that's the only place it's mentioned and you won't get agents promoting it for the most part (I've gotten in trouble more than once for heavily promoting it to people who are setting up DD) it's not even offered as an option online to switch to.

Ask why and the company response would be its safer to have a bunch of credit come winter time and it's easier to manage if you spread the cost throughout the year. The real answer is they want YOUR money sitting in the company accounts too make shareholders happy.
Thanks for the information, very useful.:)

Spring statement tomorrow, wonder if Sunak is going to throw us a bone.
out of a kfc bucket :cry:
eat out to help out, Business lives matter

I think he likes trickle down economics where the rich spend at food places with vat discounts then the business hire the poor on minimum wage

Cut fuel duty apparently, which only benefits rich elites driving gas guzzling SUV's. In other words Tory backbenchers. Little people benefit more from energy price cuts and/or not such huge NI increases as are coming

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...l-price-cuts-uk-suv-driving-elite-rishi-sunak
No matter what he does. You will get stupid comments such as this.

Any cut in fuel duty will be appreciated by all. Yes, by all. Not just those who buy lots of fuel.

Who won't it effect? Those who didn't drive anyway. So they are no more or less better off.

They might actually save in the longer term when companies are not in such a rush to ramp up all prices due to vastly increased stock movement prices....

Cut fuel duty apparently, which only benefits rich elites driving gas guzzling SUV's. In other words Tory backbenchers. Little people benefit more from energy price cuts and/or not such huge NI increases as are coming

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...l-price-cuts-uk-suv-driving-elite-rishi-sunak

Yes, those elites are already struggling to pay for the fuel I'm sure. How about someone on minimum wage whose struggling to make ends meet, you don't think it would benefit them a bit more? What an idiotic take, it's constant ridiculous attacks like that that actually hide real problems in all the bs noise.

Guys I figured out why we have global warming

PXL-20220323-074507277.jpg

Either that or my gas meter is not working properly :cry:

Technically I would say its the opposite
The shareholders don't want to fund 3 months worth of energy for everyone constantly.
It was fine as a nationalised business, but in private hands the cost to a business that funds everyone 3 months energy (they have to pay for it already dont forget) vs one that gets the money flowing in roughly to balance the money going out is massive.

Someone said what did the changes to the market opening up bring with the challengers, they thought nothing. This was one, it changed the model, in effect lower pricing vs paying later.
The ones that benefitted most are the ones who pay in arrears in full.
Its probably not massive, I would guess a company of this size would pay LIBOR + 0.5-0.75%, thats being saved by the majority paying roughly as they use the energy.

Just switch to a monthly whole amount direct debit instead (you have to call them), they are quoting for a years figure including winter usage (that you will inevitable try to cut back on anyway). Prices are still stupid but at least you are not being fleeced as badly during the summer.

And then gets "fleeced" significantly worse during winter?

So lets say he drops his DD down from £226 to ~£100 to cover summer usage for 8 months from now until November. He now has to cover almost £2k worth of winter usage in 4 months, so his DD will go up to £478/month. Now if he's sensible and puts that extra £125/month into a savings account then sure, not an issue, but it's still another thing to have to keep on top of. The net result after 12 months is exactly the same (other than who earns the £2 in interest on that money), but for most people, having a constant slightly higher bill is going to be a lot easier to manage than suddenly having to deal with a bill increasing by 500%.

Rishi is just going to give the bottom level a slight reprieve and move the burden up to the next level. Thats how they do it. You wouldn't want to push rich people or they will all leave the country amirite :rolleyes:

out of a kfc bucket :cry:
eat out to help out, Business lives matter

I think he likes trickle down economics where the rich spend at food places with vat discounts then the business hire the poor on minimum wage

Someone should make a logo with his face on it and the slogan below it "business lives matter", would be brilliant.

Were going around in circles. You won't lose 400 quid because the government has protected the industry. You are free to pay for what you use, get a top up meter.

That is the point. Ultimately what this means is "protected by the government, paid for by the people". That turned out great in 2008 as well, for the business owners. A top up meter is the physical manifestation of the company holding credit. With the prolific installation of smart meters that can take readings everyday they could very easily promote monthly billing of actual usage but you have to bend over backwards and dance on a broomstick to do this. If its going to be protected by the government and paid for by everyone then it should not be allowed under any circumstances where the companies can just lose £200m of customer credit and expect other energy users to pay the bill.

Back
Top Bottom