Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I live alone in a single bed flat and pay £30 a month with no meter for reference.

I did a calculator a few years ago and it claimed I would be paying around £10-14 with a meter

most water company websites should have a section where you can get water saving freebies too.

with NWL I can order https://nwl.watersavingkit.com/
Description
Bathroom Savers
Shower Timer 1
Water Saving Tap Inserts 1
Universal Sink Plug 1
Toilet Savers
Cistern Displacement Device 1
Toilet Leak Detection Capsules 1
Garden Savers
Water Storing Gel 1
Water Stick 1
Trigger Hose Gun 1

most is kinda novelty crap really but it;s free, you can order them multiple times too :p I ordered water sticks about 4 times so I had one for every pot plant I have :D

I guess the trigger hose gun is the only thing worth a few quid though, to stick on the end of a hosepipe

I live alone in a single bed flat and pay £30 a month with no meter for reference.

I did a calculator a few years ago and it claimed I would be paying around £10-14 with a meter

most water company websites should have a section where you can get water saving freebies too.

with NWL I can order https://nwl.watersavingkit.com/

most is kinda novelty crap really but it;s free, you can order them multiple times too :p I ordered water sticks about 4 times so I had one for every pot plant I have :D

I guess the trigger hose gun is the only thing worth a few quid though, to stick on the end of a hosepipe

I pay 25 a month for a house of 2 adults with Severn Trent.

Just ordered some free water saving stuff from them, can't knock a free showerhead :D

Some one ere use this :cool:
Screenshot-20220324-114125.png

if anyone hasn't watched the video of rishi sunak trying to present his card to a barcode scanner in a petrol shop go watch it :D

the guys never paid in a shop in his life or what?

I think his career is done..... so out of touch and clearly not been in a shop since they started scanning items

How dare you suggest that someone who is married to the daughter of a billionaire doesn't understand what life is like for the average person :p

What a muppet :D

Two incomes makes a big difference in bills right?
You split the standing charge, can cook together, living in the same space that you're heating already .

Probably one of the bigger benefits of being a 2+ bill paying household

Pretty much always been the case, single person discount on council tax is also only 25% instead of 50%. TV license is per household, the list goes on.

Yeah pretty sure it will drop with a meter. Ours is also just under £44 a month, with three adults, and we don't skimp on water use.

I dont have a meter and been honest I dont even know what I am paying, probably worth me looking into.

Are people seriously suggesting that Rishi doesn't know how contactless payment works. The mind boggles. This is why people can't take the opinions of some people seriously. Of course he knows how it works. Billionaires still pay for things with contactless. They still do quite a lot of things the rest of us do unsurprisingly.

If you want a stick to beat him with there are plenty of those, just please don't try to make out that he is so rich and disconnected that he doesn't know how contactless works :rolleyes:

Ok Just registered online, my annual bill is £248 for water, single person, is that higher than expected metered usage?

Just seen arknor's post so might be worth me getting a meter.

So its giving me estimates, but do these estimates include standing charge?

As my unlimited use is £124 a year the other half is standing fee.

Last edited:
Are people seriously suggesting that Rishi doesn't know how contactless payment works. The mind boggles. This is why people can't take the opinions of some people seriously. Of course he knows how it works. Billionaires still pay for things with contactless. They still do quite a lot of things the rest of us do unsurprisingly.

If you want a stick to beat him with there are plenty of those, just please don't try to make out that he is so rich and disconnected that he doesn't know how contactless works :rolleyes:

It’s clear by how quick he picked up the can to it get it scanned once he realised that he just misread the situation. I've certainly never ever misread a situation and never have i ever said "thanks, you too" when the waiter/ress tells me to enjoy my meal. I'm absolutely on point and perfect 100% of the time.

Severn Trent just told me on twitter, the charges estimate for metered billing "includes" standing fees. So going to order a meter. Its drop in the ocean savings compared to the energy rises but thats the world we live in now, looking for all savings.

It’s clear by how quick he picked up the can to it get it scanned once he realised that he just misread the situation. I've certainly never ever misread a situation and never have i ever said "thanks, you too" when the waiter/ress tells me to enjoy my meal. I'm absolutely on point and perfect 100% of the time.

Exactly. One of my least favourite traits of "political people" is jumping on the smallest of things to make a grand point.

Rishi's got bigger problems than contactless - his wifes connection with Russia, we have people everyhwhere;
petrol lake next to his swimming pool ? even if the mansions not up to Putins standards - Rishi for pm

Exactly. One of my least favourite traits of "political people" is jumping on the smallest of things to make a grand point.
I bet most people who think like you do were attacking Ed Miliband for his bacon sandwich, or Diane Abott for mixing up her shoes.

Back
Top Bottom