Energy Suppliers

Man of Honour
Ah right, that makes more sense. Have you had to contact them at all? If so how quick are they at answering the phone or responding to emails?

Hydro were awful from my experience. Left them years ago and not been with a big six company for a few years now.

Soldato
Flow Energy, had a price increase but with a 'special loyalty offer' they are still considerably the cheapest.
Customer service doesn't even come into it for me, how often do you actually need to talk to anyone? As long as I can upload my meter readings and the bills are accurate. That's it! Highly recommend Flow.

Soldato
Ah right, that makes more sense. Have you had to contact them at all? If so how quick are they at answering the phone or responding to emails?

Hydro were awful from my experience. Left them years ago and not been with a big six company for a few years now.

I had to contact them by live chat via website due to a postcode problem that hydro had caused ...got sorted out nice a quickly and response time was very quick

it was complicated to sort via chat so they rang me on the phone right then and we got it sorted.

Permabanned
I can’t believe how many energy companies are appearing on the market. I guess it’s since they opened up that anyone can become resellers.

I don’t trust the comparison websites any more they never come up with cheapest always in favour of one or another.

This is the same all other companies not just energy.

Soldato
I've recently moved to Octopus. Their rates were competitive and the reviews regarding their CS are very impressive. Of course, newer companies have to find some way of outdoing their competitors. Npower, EDF and Scottish Power have all been sub par in that respect for us.

Time will tell if our new provider are as good as they say.

Associate
Moved to Bulb in January and very happy so far.

Bulb Customer service were very responsive and quickly solved EDF trying to transfer both my gas and leccie back to them after the move :rolleyes:

Soldato
Moved to Bulb in January and very happy so far.

Bulb Customer service were very responsive and quickly solved EDF trying to transfer both my gas and leccie back to them after the move :rolleyes:

And how many calls have you had from EDF trying to get you to switch back to a more expensive tariff because of the Bulb price rises? :o

Man of Honour
I'm with Breeze and put the wrong gas reading in last night, when I say wrong, it was out by a factor of 10. I sent them an email and I was expecting it to take ages, to be billed incorrectly and what not, but they replied first thing this morning saying it's all been corrected. Happy with that.

Man of Honour
I was looking at changing to Outfox The Market yesterday but there are some horror stories on the Cheap Energy Club feedback forum about them now. People waiting 45 minutes on the phone, customer service telling them what they wanted to hear and not actually doing anything and one guy had over £300 taken from his bank in less than a month despite them saying don't worry, you will be refunded he had to go through his bank to get his money back. That's another energy company to avoid leaving Bulb still the cheapest supplier for me with good customer service.

Soldato
So my deal with Iresa is about to end and my initial though was run to the hills after all the recent bad news with ofgem banning them from taking new customers etc but the 12 month deal they are offering me looks excellent value and the customer service stuff hasn't really impacted me as I've not spoken to an energy company in years so what would you do stick or twist? The deal they are offering is

GAS
14.43ppd Standing Charge
11.53ppu

Elec
17.110ppd Standing Charge
2.73 ppKw

Associate
So my deal with Iresa is about to end and my initial though was run to the hills after all the recent bad news with ofgem banning them from taking new customers etc but the 12 month deal they are offering me looks excellent value and the customer service stuff hasn't really impacted me as I've not spoken to an energy company in years so what would you do stick or twist? The deal they are offering is

GAS
14.43ppd Standing Charge
11.53ppu

Elec
17.110ppd Standing Charge
2.73 ppKw

Same position for me. I stuck with them as even if it goes Pete Tong after 6 months I'd still be better off if I loose a month's charges. Keep an eye on meter readings and submit regularly

FluffySheep

Man of Honour
Just got a heads up from Bulb regarding another possible price increase in August. At least they don't take the mick with their increases like the big six do but if it happens that will be the second increase this year. I will have a look around at alternatives if they do increase but at the moment we are happy with them. See below for the email:-

You might have seen in the news that several energy suppliers are increasing their prices. We wanted to reassure you that because we buy our energy in advance, we don't need to change our prices right now.

However, if energy costs remain high, we might have to increase our prices in August. We announced a 2.8% increase in February but, unfortunately, wholesale energy prices have gone up by another 13% since then.

We promise to give you 60 days' notice if we do increase prices. And we never charge exit fees, so you can leave at any time with zero cost.

We've written a blog post with more information. If you have any questions, you can let us know in the Bulb Community.

All the best,

Hayden & Amit
Bulb Co-founders

Soldato
Right nothing wrong with Bulb and they are still one of, but not the, cheapest for me but...

This next potential increase has miffed me a little as they seem to now have TV advertisements coming and I don't quite like funding their marketing to get new customers in.

Soldato
I've just done a new comparison. I can save £70 a year by leaving Bulb and going to Tonik, or £92 a year if I switch to Eversmart.

I may be switching soon then, which is a shame, because Bulb have been really good.

Associate
Not sure if I can ask this, so apologies in advance, but I'm going to move across to Bulb in the next 4 weeks. Has anyone got a referral code they would like to share with me. This will allow £50 credit to each of us. I will obviously pick at random!!

Back
Top Bottom