Energy Suppliers

GPU's do heat the room though ... not sure what their efficiency is versus a fan heater - have to subtract any active cooling cost too.

Great news, I'll just have to invest in a new aircon unit for the summer then. Oh wait, that consumes energy though doesn't it... never mind I'll just wait for the energy subsidy. £100 handouts for everyone!

I do think it's the time for the government to offer grants/loans for electricity/gas.

Even loans like student loans would be good. Where you pay off X a month.
Even paying 30 a month would be a win for everyone.

Solar is just too expensive unless you're staying in your house a long time.
Why I'm not considering it is payback time.

The house was built around 1990 and as far as I know is insulated.
Loft is well insulated.

I've not reasearched online, but finding estimates of expected kwh's per square-metres(house size/type) should enable youto see how the energy use stacks up;
a formal assessment sounds expensive, but I can see increasing demand for such services (anyone done that ?)
FLIR devices, like other thread, can be used for such an analysis and methodology.
equally, the recent thread on evolved insulation standards since 90's does make it look like us with older properties could be using 2x a newer house.

But but it will all dripple down.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
All I can say is that it's very convenient that as the world is asking that renewables are to be invested in that all the prices are hiked up for fossil fuels including petrol and diesel meaning all fuel companies can make as much money as possible before they then switch to renewable energy and then will claim they need to keep the cost the same as it's expensive to build and maintain. Maybe it's just coincidence ;)

Octopus just approved reading 400 units too high. :) Although they now pushing smart meter on me, I guess they suspicious. :)

Just as its a coincidence that as energy use in the home has decreased, unit costs have increased.

The consumer never wins.

Pretty much yeah, thats what happened with land lines, as usage went down because of mobile phones, all sorts of fees and rises started happening like connection fees. They eventually ended up been way more expensive than mobile phones to use as volumes got too low.

BP reporting record profits of over $12bn. Meanwhile, we plebs have soaring energy bills.

Wonderful world.
People want green energy and we closed coal, shut down north sea investments and rely on imports now... The issue is supply and demand, and would you rather money go into british companies and pensions or into Russian pockets?

Who is going to pay for these massive renewable projects? its not going to be start ups. BP announced 25GW of renewable energy programs. Much like Norway, oil money is now funding a transition into green energy / transport.

People want green energy and we closed coal, shut down north sea investments and rely on imports now... The issue is supply and demand, and would you rather money go into british companies and pensions or into Russian pockets?

Who is going to pay for these massive renewable projects? its not going to be start ups. BP announced 25GW of renewable energy programs. Much like Norway, oil money is now funding a transition into green energy / transport.

I see the chancellor thinks investment into green energy is more important than people not been able to afford to turn on energy consuming devices hence no windfall tax. This is basically an ideology argument at this point, which is more important renewables or people been able to afford energy? I know which it is for me.

I see the chancellor thinks investment into green energy is more important than people not been able to afford to turn on energy consuming devices hence no windfall tax. This is basically an ideology argument at this point, which is more important renewables or people been able to afford energy? I know which it is for me.
But this is the whole climate crisis issue, it's going to be painful to go green. If we want cheap energy we can just dig up coal, but then we start the cycle of needing greener solutions.

Perfect storm right now with the Nord Stream 2 issues, Russia, COVID, etc

But this is the whole climate crisis issue, it's going to be painful to go green. If we want cheap energy we can just dig up coal, but then we start the cycle of needing greener solutions.

Perfect storm right now with the Nord Stream 2 issues, Russia, COVID, etc

I just wish we had more people from poor backgrounds running the government then the ideology would be more balanced, it makes no sense to me how someone could think green energy is more important right now, and most western governments have also accepted there needs to be subsidies to help consumers.

I just wish we had more people from poor backgrounds running the government then the ideology would be more balanced, it makes no sense to me how someone could think green energy is more important right now, and most western governments have also accepted there needs to be subsidies to help consumers.
Well it isn’t right now but in the future. Who is going to pay for it? You can’t just tax companies to get out of a hole due to poor energy policy management. Nuclear would have been nice now

Well it isn’t right now but in the future. Who is going to pay for it? You can’t just tax companies to get out of a hole due to poor energy policy management.

The problems of today come first. You are more worried about who is going to pay for green energy at some point in the future than who is going to pay for the energy to cook a familys food?

The problems of today come first. You are more worried about who is going to pay for green energy at some point in the future than who is going to pay for the energy to cook a familys food?
Open the coal mines. Get drax switched back from woodpellet to coal. Then when the same family have lung issues it’s the coals fault

Anyway as said $200 a year for each U.K. person from a international company isn’t gonna help. Especially if you think they should help everyone in the world impacted by gas price ? That is of course by making the error of reading profit as cash

Who is funding the pension schemes when big companies decide to move to another country ?

Open the coal mines. Get drax switched back from woodpellet to coal. Then when the same family have lung issues it’s the coals fault

Anyway as said £200 a year for each U.K. house from a international company isn’t gonna help. Especially if you think they should help everyone in the role impacted by gas price ?

Who is funding the pension schemes when big companies decided to move to another country ?

For millions £200 a year for energy (that isnt a loan) would be a god send. It would also be much more then that if it was targeted. £500 could mean the world of difference to some people.

Back
Top Bottom