Energy Suppliers

Have the government given any acknowledgement whatsoever about this whole issue and the potential for what's going to happen next winter? It looks like they are doing nothing and letting it happen, or have a missed something?

Agree, if they cannot enforce sensible measures (i.e. what's the point in the regulators OFGEM) then nationalising it is on the table.

Totally, should never have been privatised in the first place sadly that genie is out of the bottle.
A growing percentage of our bills is used to cover various green initiatives, smart meter roll outs and bankrupt suppliers, the cap especially has done far more harm than good.

Have the government given any acknowledgement whatsoever about this whole issue and the potential for what's going to happen next winter? It looks like they are doing nothing and letting it happen, or have a missed something?

No, and they won't, it should be plainly obvious from the last 10 years or so that they couldn't give ****, you're on your own.

Sorry kids, no Christmas lights this year

:D
Connect them up to an exercise bike, it'll keep them warm at the same time.

The trouble is we're being governed by a generation or more of weak, ineffectual career politicians with a complete disconnect from real life, they are extremely wealthy in their own rights and have come from very wealthy, powerful and connected backgrounds.

I just had a quick look on my Bulb account, current usage is £156 a month average, paying £177 direct debit because they insisted before winter I would use more.
Minimum I can change my direct debit to is £212, and theyre recommending I change it to £234.
Gonna be a bumpy ride lol

I'd say anyone who has even a year option for a fix near April price probably should get on it
Absolutely, even if the price does look horrendous. Choosing to stay on the SVR has probably backfired badly now.
Can only imagine what's going to happen if people have to face £3000 a year energy bills...

Back
Top Bottom