Energy Suppliers

My electricity has come through now.

Not sure what the point is of have a 'today' area on the chart if it can never be populated until the day after.
It can/does, it's just really ropey. Octopus and Bright frequently berate the organisation responsible for landing all the meter data and making it available.

Sorry i don't quite understand - it's possible to use an app other than octopus to see the meter data?
Yes. Bright is worth a download as it often updates quicker than other apps in my experience. Hugo is good as it allows you to participate in savings sessions.

My electricity has come through now.

Not sure what the point is of have a 'today' area on the chart if it can never be populated until the day after.

No idea, but its never worked that way afaik.
You get a whole days data once a day.
I am talking about the web portal here, sorry, app may work differently, possibly from local data.

The day one for me shows yesterday, to be fair it doesn't say today, it says day.
The New Hugo app, now has today available, but it reports 4hrs behind as per their email to users.

The Bright app is now up to date.....but for me its blank from 7am is i'm exporting and Bright get the figures from DCC who also store export data, so why cant they update export, as well as import......sheesh

2023-06-21-12-55-39-My-Drive-Google-Drive.png

Yes t
The data only appears at a certain point of the day for the previous day, so if you hover over those bars it should tell you what date it's from.

Perhaps your data isn't synced in yet.
Yes that's right, 00:30 is the last data point. Just showing that it does say 'today' on it.

If its not live, how do you approach using the tariffs that are variable in price during the day? Where do the notifications on pricing come in?

Yes that's right, 00:30 is the last data point. Just showing that it does say 'today' on it.

It doesn't show that on the desktop site, maybe mobile one is bugged, as it's never been today and never can be.

Mine shows 20/06 for Day:

p32WNUO.png

If its not live, how do you approach using the tariffs that are variable in price during the day? Where do the notifications on pricing come in?

Agile prices are published a day ahead afaik, so it's on you to know what to use and when.

Seems mostly to follow rough patterns of expensive vs cheaper rates, with the 16:00 - 19:00 being the most expensive bit of the day.

Last edited:
It doesn't show that on the desktop site, maybe mobile one is bugged, as it's never been today and never can be.

Agile prices are published a day ahead afaik, so it's on you to know what to use and when.

Seems mostly to follow rough patterns of expensive vs cheaper rates, with the 16:00 - 19:00 being the most expensive bit of the day.
it is today and does report upto 1:30am and how can it never be when other Apps like bright and hugo are doing it, but with a few hours delay???...the mobile APP isnt bugged

Back
Top Bottom