England Manager.

Caporegime
LoadsaMoney said:
Wtf is he smoking, just seen him on the news saying i was the choice of the FA etc... erm nope you muppet, your second best as big Phil was offered it, but turned it down. :o

it was apparently the worlds worst secret that mclaren would get the job. quite a few people who i know (heavily into football (one used to arrange corp tickets for a 1st division club)) said this near on 2 weeks ago, and that they would cause some furore around another manager to make people think its not him...

Soldato
Morba said:
it was apparently the worlds worst secret that mclaren would get the job. quite a few people who i know (heavily into football (one used to arrange corp tickets for a 1st division club)) said this near on 2 weeks ago, and that they would cause some furore around another manager to make people think its not him...
Yeah , Supermac & co on the local radio show have said the same.

Lets give the bloke a chance.

Soldato
dirtydog said:
England has an embarrassment of riches where players are concerned.

You obviously think so, but I don't know how. Yes we have a lot of good players but not a lot of World Class players. In years to come maybe, as there's some seriously good talent coming through.

Soldato
RoB- said:
Some of the replies in here are very childish. He was the FAs choice,

He WAS the FA's first choice as far back as 4 weeks ago.
He was all set to get it, but then, for reasons known only to themselves they bricked it when they saw the negative press and complete unimpressed-ness of the footballing public when Mclarens name was mentioned.

They tried to get Scolari at this point, he wanted more money, they wouldnt pay it, he come out with arse about english press, FA look tools.

Mclaren gets the job.
English footballing public completly underwhelmed.

Soldato
RoB- said:
You obviously think so, but I don't know how. Yes we have a lot of good players but not a lot of World Class players. In years to come maybe, as there's some seriously good talent coming through.

We have some fantastic players, what we dont have is a decent manager.

Man of Honour
It is a real boring appointment that's for sure, maybe that's what the FA want after Sven's shenanigans.
Indifferent is how I feel to be honest, I'll reserve judgement on him 'til his England team underperform:)

Soldato
atpbx said:
We have some fantastic players, what we dont have is a decent manager.

Some, being the operative word. We don't yet have the depth of quality other countries have. I mean World Class players that will perform well at the highest level. I'm not just talking about raw talent, I mean talent and the ability to perform a the highest level. Most of the top clubs in this country have more foreign players, meaing a lot of English players don't get to play regularly at the highest level week in week out in the Champions League etc. Outside the best England XI, name me 5 players who are "World Class".

Soldato
RoB- said:
Outside the best England XI, name me 5 players who are "World Class".

Well ok.

Name me 5 players outside of the Brazil, Argentinian and italian first teams who are world class.

Who are super duper world beaters.

You cant, so dont bother trying.

Soldato
atpbx said:
Well ok.

Name me 5 players outside of the Brazil, Argentinian and italian first teams who are world class.

Who are super duper world beaters.

You cant, so dont bother trying.

I'm not Italian, Brazilian or Argie so don't even know what their first teams would be, but as a squad I know they have far greater depth. If I cared to look into it and compare our squad with theirs, hmm, I wonder who would have a better squad? Besides, we are talking about England, and we don't have great depth. FACT

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
It is a real boring appointment that's for sure, maybe that's what the FA want after Sven's shenanigans.
Indifferent is how I feel to be honest, I'll reserve judgement on him 'til his England team underperform:)

Nail, head. The F.A cannot be embarrassed again ;) :o

Permabanned
RoB- said:
Besides, we are talking about England, and we don't have great depth. FACT

No team has has the best player in the world in each position,some get closer than others for sure.We are not too bad all things considered.The fuss about Rooney being unavailable is no greater than would happen in Brazil if Ronny got crocked etc,etc.There are other good players available,but he is the best.
Look at our midfield- Lamps,Gerrard,Cole,Rooney (prob classed as a striker,but gen doesn't play that much more advanced than the other 3). Whilst non are 'worlds best' i doubt any country could put forward 4 midfielders who are all better

Soldato
Dtab said:
Whilst non are 'worlds best' i doubt any country could put forward 4 midfielders who are all better
I'd be confident in saying that Italys midfield was at least equal to, if not better than, Englands.
Brazils is good, but Gilberto would be the weak link there.
Argentina have a good midfield as well.
As do France.

Permabanned
BoomAM said:
I'd be confident in saying that Italys midfield was at least equal to, if not better than, Englands.

You know,i'd have fallen off my chair if you'd have said any different :p
Your wrong tho

Back
Top Bottom