England Manager.

Soldato
Gooner14 said:
True, but thats like saying Saddam Hussein was the best Evil dictator :p

maybe so, but due to the way the FA had done it all, it was their only option.

if they wanted a big foreign manager in the first place then why didnt they say that at the beginning, instead of courting an english bunch and others on the side.

i think steve should have stayed at the boro, its a poisoned chalice that england job, press on one side and the rotten inept FA on the other. :o

Associate
Good luck mcclaren

Say goodbye to the small percentage of fickle fans in the north east and say hello to the biggest bunch of complainers from all over the country. You'll never pick the right team again and no matter how well you do you'll always be an under achiever if you don't win the world cup in their eyes.

Soldato
Gooner14 said:
I take it he won't be going to the WC now as Sven said he didn't want the next manager there with him.

"Eriksson added: "I said that I didn't want the next England coach to be with the team at the World Cup, unless he was already involved in the set-up."

"Steve is a key part of my coaching staff and I'm delighted to have him with us in Germany."

thats off the bur bur sea website :)

Soldato
Vandle said:
Im indifferent to this to be honest.
Lets give him a chance eh?

I would like to hear the Boro fans reaction to this - Glad to see him go?

im sad to see him to go, i think the fickle bunch will kick themselves after hes gone, would love to see him win the uefa.

Soldato
vanpeebles said:
im sad to see him to go, i think the fickle bunch will kick themselves after hes gone, would love to see him win the uefa.
It seems like the majority have wanted rid of him for ages just from listening to the washed up legends show.

Soldato
Vandle said:
It seems like the majority have wanted rid of him for ages just from listening to the washed up legends show.

how dare you! i love that show :D the only bad thing hes done at boro is the inconsistancy this season, and also sometimes hes chops and changes far too much.

but on the plus side, he won boro their first cup and also brought about an amazing collection of proper home grown youth players.

Man of Honour
Given that Mclaren will presumably be at the WC in his capacity as assistanct coach, one has to wonder if there is the potential for him to (inadvertantly) undermine Sven's authority. Obviously winning the World Cup will be the focus and dream of all the players, but in the back of their mind, they probably won't want to get on the wrong side of Mclaren either, for fear of being ommitted from future squads/teams. So what happens in training or whatever if Sven and Steve are giving them slightly conflicting instructions?

Back
Top Bottom