England V India ***Clash of the Heavyweights*** Test, T20 and ODI Series

Soldato
OP
India down to 5th in the ODI rankings?!

This series has bent them over and buttraped them. They've gone from being on top of world cricket to becoming distinctly average. It's quite sad to see, you can't remain on top for long. I would say that one day England will know this feeling, but the way they work hard and prepare, their fall from the top will probably be very slow and painless.

Soldato
Without wishing to be pessimistic, I think that the England test team is doing brilliantly, but I really don't think that this ODI win was all that impressive from England. The weather and the injuries really hampered India, and no I'm not just fishing for excuses or anything, they really did impact this series a lot.
Well we don't have long to see how good they are as they'll be locking horns again in a month in India! Hopefully with India having a better team out.

Looks to be some good youngsters coming through for England though we've always struggled finding guys who can really smash it about at the end of an innings but we've got a few guys in the team who can hit a 6 or 2 now.

Soldato
I disagree. The BCCI controls a LOT. It has a lot of power and is probably richer than the ICC. Although a bit of money gets passed down to the players, very little power does.

Well yeah, you're making out as if they're unconnected. The BCCI are to blame for the majority of the poor performance during this tour. The players did seem to give up a bit too easily though IMO.

Kudos to England obviously, but it's not like they were really pushed at all.

I could be here all night typing away so I'll stop and end with:

lolIndia

Soldato
India down to 5th in the ODI rankings?!

This series has bent them over and buttraped them. They've gone from being on top of world cricket to becoming distinctly average. It's quite sad to see, you can't remain on top for long. I would say that one day England will know this feeling, but the way they work hard and prepare, their fall from the top will probably be very slow and painless.

England spent 60 old years being distinctly average, its something we'r well accustomed to.

Soldato
OP
Well yeah, you're making out as if they're unconnected. The BCCI are to blame for the majority of the poor performance during this tour. The players did seem to give up a bit too easily though IMO.

Kudos to England obviously, but it's not like they were really pushed at all.

I could be here all night typing away so I'll stop and end with:

lolIndia

I was talking about corruption though. Of course the players are to blame for poor performance :p

England spent 60 old years being distinctly average, its something we'r well accustomed to.

Thankfully England fans aren't demanding. Indian fans expect their team to go out and win every time.

Soldato
I was talking about corruption though. Of course the players are to blame for poor performance :p

Not only that, but the BCCI are responsible for the lack of depth in the team. A country with so many people and with such a passion for the game can surely produce some top players to replace the greats?

They should send the young rising talents over here to play county cricket rather than IPL.

Steve (Mark?) Waugh said that there were LOADS of players being approached to take part in match fixing so it wouldn't surprise me if the players were in on it. If loads are reporting it then I wonder how many go unreported.

I mean who would ever have thought that India wouldn't win a match in this tour? ;) I posted this a few matches ago. It's a very real possibility in my opinion.

Thankfully England fans aren't demanding. Indian fans expect their team to go out and win every time.

At this rate India will have to lower their expectations, especially as more of the legends retire.

Last edited:
Soldato
Steve (Mark?) Waugh said that there were LOADS of players being approached to take part in match fixing so it wouldn't surprise me if the players were in on it. If loads are reporting it then I wonder how many go unreported.

Another series in England tarnished by Match fixing allegations? :( please god no :p

Soldato
No. That's one of the reasons Indians get paid loads - less temptation to corrupt :p

All the corruption happens at the top

Well that's that then! TC says so, so it must be true.

It's not like there have been any recent match fixing allegations and convictions or anything. :p

Soldato
well a complete white wash
Surely the tie means that the ODIs weren't a white wash?

What is that ?, that i hear in the distance;)
He's right though. I'm still not particularly convinced by our ODI team, and although it's good to get a couple of wins under our belts, I think the fact we're fantastic as a Test side is clouding some people's judgement over the other teams. We're still a fairly average ODI side, I'd say.

Soldato
The England ODI side is pretty average, but it's still good to see them win for a change. And Trott getting his first sixes - unleashing the beast from within :p Watch out for Cook and Trott smashing people around the park from now on (or not)!

Cricinfo is pretty unbearable now - the amount of sour grapes from the Indian fans is unbelievable. I'm thankful it's all over now as it means that the Indian guy in our labs will now help us with computer issues now that there's no cricket to follow and get angry about :p

Associate
Dammit, I should've put that bet down after all :(

To be fair, you could see this coming after the first test or so. When you have 1 above par bowler you can't expect much even with all that batting.

Also, when your bowlers get injured from playing football, you've got to laugh at their stupidity.

Soldato
OP

Go on then, reveal it.

Also, when your bowlers get injured from playing football, you've got to laugh at their stupidity.

The worst part is that it's not the first time it's happened. It's happened too many times in the past it's actually laughable :(

I will continue to maintain that India's been unbelievably unlucky this ODI series. It's been a lot of bad luck all at once. Afterall, they outscored England in 4 of the 5 games ;)

Back
Top Bottom