England V India ***Clash of the Heavyweights*** Test, T20 and ODI Series

Makes you wonder why teams want to use the golden oldies till the end, after they gone theres know one to fill in the void.

Have you just seen Dravid's knock? THIS is why they use oldies :D

Incidentally, between them, Sachin Dravid and VVS now have 100 centuries in Test cricket. Whatever way you look at it, that's impressive and amazing that they've been playing together for over 10 years :)

I prefer someone who plays for the team rather than just being destructive, especially in the test format.

You're telling me that Sehwag doesn't play for the team, and you wouldn't have him in your team? Really?!

You said that you'd rather have someone who plays for the team than is just destructive.

No I didn't. I said I prefer him, I prefer the way he plays and I rate Tendulkar as the better player, his has a better temperament. Who wouldn't want Sehwag in a team? :confused:

I thought sachin was in line for 100 test tons:o

I don't think that'll happen in this match. Would be nice though.

No I didn't. I said I prefer him, I prefer the way he plays and I rate Tendulkar as the better player, his has a better temperament. Who wouldn't want Sehwag in a team? :confused:

Oh okay. Well my point was that India can cover for Tendulkar not playing FAR easier than they can cope with Sehwag not playing. He brings so much to the team. And without Zaheer, the bowling is impotent.

I thought Sharma was going to be up to the task tbh but then bowling against WI with their very average team and those conditions doesn't really translate well over here!

Hopefully they'll adjust come match 2.

284 is a bit of a joke really, OK it's not too bad a score but you have a feeling that it's either a draw or an England win; painful times for India supporters!

When a team's BEST batsman and BEST bowler are missing, they're not going to be their best.

It's like Sri Lanka without Murali, their bowlers don't look like hitting the gym let alone hitting the stumps.

While that's true, I'm not sure you can complain completely, it's a team game after all, you can't write off bad performance on 'our best player is missing' grounds. It's going to happen, great teams manage.

I'll give you this match is different again as Zaheer was injured during the match and couldn't be replaced but still, great teams manage.

Neither of these teams are really complete enough to be called no. 1 in my opinion, they both look too fragile when things don't go their way. It's just the lack of anyone better.

While that's true, I'm not sure you can complain completely, it's a team game after all, you can't write off bad performance on 'our best player is missing' grounds. It's going to happen, great teams manage.

I'll give you this match is different again as Zaheer was injured during the match and couldn't be replaced but still, great teams manage.

Neither of these teams are really complete enough to be called no. 1 in my opinion, they both look too fragile when things don't go their way. It's just the lack of anyone better.

The balance of the India team is very different to the balance of the England team.

England has a very well balanced team. If any player gets injured, someone else gets in to cover. Eg Anderson out, Bresnan in. Of course, it wouldn't be as strong, but they'd manage.

India's team is very different. The batting is extremely reliant on the openers getting them off to a good start. If you look at the stats of the past few years, India's performance when the openers fail is VERY different to when they get big scores.

With the bowling, not only is Zaheer Khan by far the best bowler in the country, but when he's there, the other bowlers bowl a lot better. His importance to the bowling attack is far more vital than that of someone like Anderson.

If you look at the stats, when all of India's key players are actually playing, they are an extremely strong side and rightfully deserve to be called number one.

Back
Top Bottom