England XI v India **spoilers**

Man of Honour
OP
Dunno really, Blackwell bowled quite well when he had the luxury of the fielding restrictions but he was the only option we had & to be fair to Raina he batted very well indeed under immense pressure.
The choice of Anderson above Hoggard is getting more annoying. He has talent & get's some vital wickets at times, but his accuracy isn't consistent enough & he seems to always be on the expensive side, he doesn't really score enough runs to cancel it out either.
KP matched Sir Viv's record of fewest innings to 1000 runs, he couldn't lace his boots but it's still a great achievement:)

Soldato
This indian side is looking pretty awesome in ODIs, most people have always recognised them as a great test side but I think they are becoming an even better one day side! They leathered pakistan in the recent one day series, and seem to be doing the same here to england :/ Unless england do a miraculous come back here and win 4-3, more chance of them winning the world cup in 2007 tbh :o :p

Man of Honour
OP
KP, Hoggard & Batty come in for Shah, Plunkett & Mahmood.
We won the toss again & are batting, even we can't lose 4 in a row surely?

Edit: We probably will, Strauss gone already, 10-1:(

Last edited:
Caporegime
What the hell is up with England?? :eek:, i honestly thought they would have given India a serious run for their money but seems like they left off when they played Pakistan a few months ago. Definitely not playing like the team that won the Ashes, at this rate i can see the Aussies obliterating England later on in the year when they meet for the Ashes re-match.

Come on England, dont let this be a whitewash :(

Associate
We certainly have a LONG way to go to getting as good a OD side as our Test side, it took us a while with the test side, buy we finally got it. Hopefully the ODI side will follow suit soon.

We are fighting back, reckon 2 more wickets for us will make it an interesting game!

Caporegime
JohnnyG said:
Our OD side is a million miles away from the Test side mate, you shouldn't confuse the 2:)

To be honest i dont even rate the Test side that highly, they havent played that well against India and Pakistan imho.

Maybe the injuries to Vaughn and co have cost them dearly but still they havent put up much of a fight tbh.

Soldato
Spawn said:
To be honest i dont even rate the Test side that highly, they havent played that well against India and Pakistan imho.

Maybe the injuries to Vaughn and co have cost them dearly but still they havent put up much of a fight tbh.
You know they beat India in the 3rd test to draw the series, right? :p

Back
Top Bottom