England XI v India **spoilers**

Man of Honour
OP
Owais Shah has now been called up too as KP is really struggling apparently, can you change the title to England 'A' v India now Kev:(

Edit: As Strauss has been put forward to most of the recent interviews he could well be in line for the captaincy if Vaughan doesn't make it.

And on a lighter note, Mark Ramprakash has joined my golf club after taking up the game recently:)
I'll try and get a pic or 2, but I'm not sure if I want to associate with a turncoat like him;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I know, we used 12 players during the whole Ashes series (Collingwood came in for the last Test), that's one of the reasons we did so well. I don't think we've been able to field the same team consecutively since:(

Soldato
Jones looked in a bit of pain with hin knee :( Think they should just give up training if theyre all getting injured. Somethings not right there.

Soldato
Anyone for a conspiracy theory ;)?

Freddie will be captain for the first test, not that it matters really can see us getting an absolute whalloping. Hopefully though with Strauss and Blackwell in the side that should help spread the leadership load, with both being county captains (although I'm guessing Strauss is no longer Middlesex captain now he's permanently with England.)

Good to see Cook get a go in the side, the real shame is that Vaughan's injury could be career threatening according to Fletcher seen as it's constantly recurring :(

Soldato
Simon Jones has flown back too now. This is madness, absolute madness. Something with our training surely needs looking at.

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
What a mess:(:(
I suppose the only good thing that will come out of the tour now is that a few young lads wll get some experience they might not have:/

tut tut, getting the excuses ready before a ball has been bowled :p

These things happen and you can only hope the replacements come in and do a good job. Playing in India is quite hard even with a full strength team but this isn't helping. would have liked both teams at full strength as both teams like to claim they are definitely 2nd best in the worl so time to settle it eh.

Soldato
Jazz said:
tut tut, getting the excuses ready before a ball has been bowled :p

With good reason and I'm sure that India would want us at full strength as well, but at this rate, it won't be much of a series, with a 3 - 0 Indian win the only real outcome. :(

Soldato
Big Kev said:
With good reason and I'm sure that India would want us at full strength as well, but at this rate, it won't be much of a series, with a 3 - 0 Indian win the only real outcome. :(

Nothing is certain with this inconsistant Indian side. They are capable of beating the full England team 3-0 or losing to a makeshift one 3-0, so you have no idea what to expect really.

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
Cook
Strauss
Bell
KP
Freddie
Collingwood
G. Jones
Blackwell
Plunkett/Udal/Monty/Anderson
Hoggard
Harmison

Can't be anything else now really:(

If Blackwell is playing, I think they'll go with another seamer, probably Plunkett, although I'd probably give Monty a go myself.

Bell and Cook seem fairly lightweight at the top to me, but having Blackwell in the side will bolster the batting.

Man of Honour
OP
Yep I think Blackwell will definitely play, mainly for his batting as you say.
Plunkett will get the nod above Anderson (because he's been there a while) if we play 1 spinner & Udal above Monty if 2, because of his batting too.

Soldato
Udal isn't the answer, we desperately need a spinner and I think we should be blooding Monty now, rather than letting an ageing Udal plod his way through, give Monty some much needed experience.

Man of Honour
OP
I agree, I want to see Monty play & he is the future (hopefully) but his batting is pants & I can't see the selectors having the guts to play him. If we had a full batting line-up I hope it'd be different:)

Back
Top Bottom