England XI v India **spoilers**

Soldato
True but it took Flintoff a while and same will happen with KP. Just hoping him and Bell develope into a very strong middle order with Flintoff. Liked Flintoffs innings, patient but also went after lose bowling and put it past the ropes. Just felt at times we were sitting and blocking the spinenrs too much, gave them something to think about once Collingwood came down the track and attacked them a little.

Very good, first innings from Cook.

Soldato
Well played Collingwood and Harmisson. Getting England upto 393 from 246-7 is a job well done.

Hoggard has picked up the danger man Sehwag as well, so far a very good day for England.

Soldato
lol turned it on expecting to find India about 100-150 for 0 with England all out for 250-275 so shocked to say the least!

Collingwood finally earning his place in the team with a great knock. Still gonna be tough to bowl India out cheap but 393 gives us a squeak.

Soldato
Fantastic performances from Collingwood and the tail-enders, wasn't expecting to see that this morning!

Seems like the Indians are getting back on track though, could definately do with a wicket or two quickly.

Soldato
India were left on 136-1 at stumps, after our excellent performance, leaving India still in the driving seat.

Tomorrow should be pretty good and I may even take the day off work to watch it. :)

Soldato
The result of this match all depends on how big a lead India can get. If our bowlers can restrict them to a lead of less than a hundred, we stand a chance of saving it. Any more than that though and I think we'll really be struggling.

Soldato
Took the day off work, forgot to set the alarm, so I've only just got up in time too see Monty and Freddie to pick up a wicket each and India are 183-6. :)

Monty's maiden test wicket, none other than Tendulkar. :D

190-6 at lunch.

Man of Honour
OP
Excellent stuff by Hoggard, I bet he couldn't believe the rain last night;)
Well played Kaif & Kumble though they've really made it in to an interesting last 2 days as I thought a draw was an absolute cert.
Monty really seems the genuine article:)

Soldato
Decent days work! Just a shame that partnership got what it did. Blackwell seem pretty much ignored bowling wise, bowled 7 overs compared to monty's 41.4. Plunkett for him in the next test? Done well with the bat too.

Soldato
A topsy turvy days cricket and thank gawd for the last two wickets, meaning that we should end up with a 50 run lead and if we can set them over 200, the wicket should give us a lot of help for their second innings.

Man of Honour
OP
platty said:
Blackwell seem pretty much ignored bowling wise, bowled 7 overs compared to monty's 41.4. Plunkett for him in the next test?
I guess that depends what the Mohali pitch is like, but then again this one was suppposed to be a spinners paradise but the seamers have got the majority of wickets so far, so God knows really:)
Monty was acclaimed as a complete rabbit by all the press I heard before the match, but he isn't that bad at all, apparently he did a lot of work in the Winter on it. In fact, our batting line-up is longer than theirs;)

Back
Top Bottom