English League Football ** spoilers ** [12th - 14th November 2010]

Soldato
Hodgson can **** off and take Konchesky with him.

So you're just being pedantic?

As I said, you can hide behind the wording of the rules all you like. Most people, even most Manc's will accept that if Young got booked then so should have Vidic.

No I'm just pointing out to people that your statement was completely baseless and uninformed. Unles of course by wording of the rules you mean 'an entirely different rule'

Soldato
stoke is a tough place to go. didn't watch the game but going on the comments here liverpool never looked like taking anything from this game?

Soldato
Hopefully hes gone before 'a few wins'.
The guy is a complete joke.
Tactics are useless. Attitude is a joke. He manages to upset his best players.
He insults random Jerno's, and is 'chummy chummy' with Sir whiskey-nose and Gollum.
He's damning his own players in public.

And people say the fans have lost the Liverpool way?
Roy hasn't lost it, he never had it to start with.

stoke is a tough place to go. didn't watch the game but going on the comments here liverpool never looked like taking anything from this game?
Thats what tends to happen when you try to play long-ball against Stoke.

Don
No I'm just pointing out to people that your statement was completely baseless and uninformed. Unles of course by wording of the rules you mean 'an entirely different rule'

As I said, you were being pedantic. If you disagree with the principle that Vidic should have been booked on the same basis that Young got booked then you need to take your head out of your backside.

Equally, why does the rule regarding leaving the field of play without the refs consent not apply? That's what he done after all and therefore should have been booked for that. You were quick to point to the rule book, by the letter of the law he should have been booked. See, I can be pedantic too :p

Last edited:
Soldato
JenChang88 Jen Chang
Stoke 1st win in 26 years vs. LFC, Blackpool 1st win in 43 years vs. LFC, Northampton 1st win in ... Hodgson etching his name in folklore.

Whos next? :D

Soldato
Roy felt we finished the game very strongly

He thinks that every week like he thinks we play well but are unlucky, I am all for giving a manager chances as its only fair but he is doing nothing to show his worth tactics are ********, Sitting and defending doesnt work if you never attempt to attack.

Since he has been with us we have heard more rumours/reports of players un-rest now weather thats true or not we dont know BUT if i was the owners i would be very worried.

Caporegime
Its funny, Liverpool fans see their squad as genuine champs league spot contenders and think Hodgeson is doing awfully.

I think Liverpool will be lucky to get top 10 with 2 genuine top players who aren't even close to being in form, and that Hodgeson frankly did very well to get 3 wins and a draw on the bounce.

Does that not mean of the last 15 points, they picked up 10, and only lost one game, away to Stoke, which isn't a place many people win that often?

Last 8 game form, 3-2-3, is same as Spurs, Newcastle, and only three points behind Utd in the last 8, who had three more draws and no losses, Arsenal with 4-1-3 have lost the same, won an extra game, 2 points off.

The question is, do Liverpool fans HONESTLY expect Liverpool to match or better Arsenals points gains over an 8 game average, if not, then how is 3 or 2 points off so bad?

If Hodgeson stayed the whole season I'd expect the first 8 games to be much worse than the last of the season, and after a poor start you're 10th while in the last 8 games pulling in what, the 6-7th best points tally, if you continue to do that, or improve, that will probably have you finish around 7-8th.

After 3 wins and a draw, what did fans expect, Liverpool would never ever lose again, I mean, really?

Man of Honour
No DM, you're wrong. Not all fans expect a champs league spot. I have said time and time again that I don't expect that. I expect more attacking football and a better sense of tactics and choice of signings. Playing so defensively , with players out of position repeatedly and signing the likes of poulsen are just a couple of my issues. Despite the way you paint us, not all Liverpool fans are delusional and think we are contenders and will go unbeaten.

Don
Liverpool fans, what position would you be "content" with this season? Europa League spots?

The squad is capable of getting close to a CL spot and certainly in the top 6-7.

The squad isn't that much poorer than last season (where we were expected to challenge for the league), as yet we've not had big injury problems to Gerrard and Torres and unlike Spurs etc we don't have to worry about Europe this season (Torres, Gerrard etc have barely featured in the Europa League).

Last season 7th was considered a disaster so anything less should be considered the same. However with Hodgson in charge I'd be content with 17th.

Back
Top Bottom