English League Football ** spoilers ** [12th - 14th November 2010]

I thought Rafa wanted to sell him to fund buying that Barry chap.

My opinion is that Alonso didn't feel wanted after he was offered out and when Real came in for him it was win / win as far as he was concered.

Pretty dull weekend of football as far as the Premier League are concered imho, only real shock result was the Liverpool game but given recent performances it wasn't that shocking.

Stoke are still ****.

I'm not going to stop the big kids bullying you any more Biz. You don't have a clue what you're talking about :)
Bullying? You have stopped them before?
What so i am not entitled to a opinion? and collectively Villa do have a better team than Liverpool.
I would rather Young,Agbon,Dunne,Collins,Downing then say Lucas,N'Gog,Merieles,Skrtel,Maxi.
The only players Liverpool have that are any better than Villas are Torres,Gerrard,Reina and Carragher.

Last edited:
Depressing to think what our team could have been a few years ago had it not been for parry and the yanks. I mean the following players basically had deals on the table.

....................Reina
Alves.......Vidic.......Agger......Aurelio
..................Mascherano
............Alonso.............Barry
......................Silva
.............Ronaldo........Torres

Sigh. Damn you parry damn u yanks

Bullying? You have stopped them before?
What so i am not entitled to a opinion? and collectively Villa do have a better team than Liverpool.
I would rather Young,Agbon,Dunne,Collins,Downing then say Lucas,N'Gog,Merieles,Skrtel,Maxi.
The only players Liverpool have that are any better than Villas are Torres,Gerrard,Reina and Carragher.

Kuyt over Downing
Torres over Agbonlahor
Cole if he ever peformed over Young
Agger/Skrtl again over Dunn and Collins
Johnson over Young
Reina over Friedel
Oh and Gerrard over Petrov

Obviously they're all crap at the mo though :D

Don't forget that when United signed Ronaldo he was still young, and they had to further his progress into the player he became. He did so only in the conditions at Manchester United.

Who's to say even something similar would have happened at Liverpool?

It's always interesting when 'hindsight' comments about young or unproven players come about. I remember another example being that Zidane was ignored by Blackburn Rovers in the 90s.

Kuyt over Downing
Torres over Agbonlahor
Cole if he ever peformed over Young
Agger/Skrtl again over Dunn and Collins
Reina over Friedel
Oh and Gerrard over Petrov

But you've just pointlessly changed the list.

Torres and Ngog, or Torres and Gabby,

Cole and Maxi, or Cole and Young, or Young and Downing, I'd go with the latter.

Skrtl was appauling today, Agger is dodgey, Dunne has been consistantly very good, despite the own goals, of course, he's only beaten in own goals in the league by, Caragher I believe(ok that might be the other way around), again you'd take Dunne or Collins over Caragher, Petrov of Lucas, Petrov.

Villa aren't a fantastic team, look where they are, they are playing pretty badly in terms of results at the moment, yet most people would swap half of liverpools team for half of Villa's, thats not a good sign.

How on earth did Bale get his 2nd, how has VDV got two massively blatant handball goals in two games, last one he scored, this one his handball dropped the ball for Bale. Awful refereeing.

But you've just pointlessly changed the list.

Torres and Ngog, or Torres and Gabby,

Cole and Maxi, or Cole and Young, or Young and Downing, I'd go with the latter.

Skrtl was appauling today, Agger is dodgey, Dunne has been consistantly very good, despite the own goals, of course, he's only beaten in own goals in the league by, Caragher I believe(ok that might be the other way around), again you'd take Dunne or Collins over Caragher, Petrov of Lucas, Petrov.

Villa aren't a fantastic team, look where they are, they are playing pretty badly in terms of results at the moment, yet most people would swap half of liverpools team for half of Villa's, thats not a good sign.

How on earth did Bale get his 2nd, how has VDV got two massively blatant handball goals in two games, last one he scored, this one his handball dropped the ball for Bale. Awful refereeing.

I haven't pointlessly changed the list, the list originally included Villa's best players against the mediocre of Liverpool.

I've compared the starting 11's in a nutshell.

The best bit I bet n'gog has scored more goals this season than any Villa player :D

Watching Spurs on MOTD makes me realise how **** United's midfield is. I think they created more chances today than we have in the last 5 matches put together. The movement and skill of the likes of Modric, Bale and Van De Vaart makes our midfield look so poor :(

Wonder if MoTD will / have covered the talking points in our game?
1) The Stoke steward (why was he even on the pitch?) spitting at Lucas when he got sent off.
2) Gerrard balling at Roy about his lack of communication to his players.
3) Carra telling his own fans to "**** off" after the game.

Im guessing ... not.

-edit-
To expand on point 3 - Away fans were chanting Kenny. Carra comes over and tells them to "**** off". And stomps away in a hissy fit. After the game.
Torres and Reina never came over to the away fans again btw.

Last edited:
Dunne has been consistantly very good, despite the own goals, of course, he's only beaten in own goals in the league by, Caragher I believe(ok that might be the other way around)

Yeah it is the other way around, Dunne has scored more own goals than Carragher.

Imagine a defence with Dunne and Carragher in it, your goal keeper would be more worried about his own two popping the ball past him than the opposition :D

You might :eek: but that's only a little bit worse than it's been all season. We've got a team full of Internationals that are capable of passing the ball and keeping possession yet Hodgson prefers the boot it from the back approach thus bypassing the players that are capable of keeping the ball.

Someone should really introduce him to the position between the defence and attack because he hasn't got a clue the midfield exists. Probably thinks it's a dirty word the European managers use to refer to the second bank of defenders who play just ahead of the defence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom