• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

enough is enough with your website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Not something you'd drop willingly in a conversation! That's a huuuuuuuuuge gap
Something that would never be dropped by me or any of my mates/work colleagues. What we earn is our business and nothing to do with others and I would never ask what any of them earn and I wouldn't go on a forum and state my earnings after throwing a temper tantrum. Makes people look a little silly IMO

Associate
Do we know OP is a guy? Perhaps she's a nanny who is sleeping with her employer whilst his wife is away? The numbers stack up then.

Caporegime
On a serious note, anytime a big release comes, you can guarantee the shop will crash, as will others. I don't even try anymore and guess because I am old and slow, I am happy waiting.

Pass me slippers Jeeves!

OcUK Staff
Frankly I've not had any issues with the website. Are you sure it's not a problem your end? Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Neh the site has been under a lot of load, site normal load is 3 times last years and during the launches is as much as 20x, plus the bots and actual attacks, we spend thousands to mitigate and such but unfortunately the site itself needs an upgrade, throwing more hardware at it does not really fix it as the bottleneck is the actual platform. We are midway through building a new site but the virus hit and obviously disrupted plans a) the site is just not prepared for a sudden tripling of attention due to so many people being stuck at home, wanting to buy hardware or just wanting to chat on the forums b) the website designers not being able to communicate as easily working from home as in the office.
Then throw on top of that product launches that have been FAR more busy than ANY previously on record.
@jcharnley1984 there was also another product launch today in case you didn't know which was again why the site was taken out for a while. We have optimized what we can for now, but until the new site is complete, launches might just have to suffer for a while.

Man of Honour
Neh the site has been under a lot of load, site normal load is 3 times last years and during the launches is as much as 20x, plus the bots and actual attacks, we spend thousands to mitigate and such but unfortunately the site itself needs an upgrade, throwing more hardware at it does not really fix it as the bottleneck is the actual platform. We are midway through building a new site but the virus hit and obviously disrupted plans a) the site is just not prepared for a sudden tripling of attention due to so many people being stuck at home, wanting to buy hardware or just wanting to chat on the forums b) the website designers not being able to communicate as easily working from home as in the office.
Then throw on top of that product launches that have been FAR more busy than ANY previously on record.
@jcharnley1984 there was also another product launch today in case you didn't know which was again why the site was taken out for a while. We have optimized what we can for now, but until the new site is complete, launches might just have to suffer for a while.

A very reasoned and fair response. You forgot to throw in what your wife earns though, it seems significant for some reason.

ASL...wait, wut.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom