Epic Games Store now open!

V F

V F

Soldato
Seriously, after all these years, who are the clowns at epic that codes this launcher? Why does it always has to be run with admin rights even for it to update games or it fails. Other launchers don't need admin rights.

V F

V F

Soldato
Nor do I, so... How can you not have issues with it updating games when it errors trying to update games unless the Epic launcher is run with admin rights. Which Steam nor Origin requires.

Soldato
Seriously, after all these years, who are the clowns at epic that codes this launcher? Why does it always has to be run with admin rights even for it to update games or it fails. Other
Nor do I, so... How can you not have issues with it updating games when it errors trying to update games unless the Epic launcher is run with admin rights. Which Steam nor Origin requires.

ive never had this issue either, i have 4 games installed via epic games and never had administrator enabled for it to update games or itself.

Associate
I expect it will go F2P more generally not too far from now tbh... They've had their initial wave of sales and now want to keep it afloat with all the ridiculous microtransactions. If Epic were willing to pay them a boatload of cash to get a single exclusive free day early then they'd be silly not to take it

I thought they removed microtransactions years ago after the initial backlash during beta. I haven't played it... did they reintroduce them?

It's also part of EA Play, which is going to be included in the PC Xbox Game Pass soon so this may be a handy injection of cash before that happens.

Man of Honour
I thought they removed microtransactions years ago after the initial backlash during beta. I haven't played it... did they reintroduce them?

It's also part of EA Play, which is going to be included in the PC Xbox Game Pass soon so this may be a handy injection of cash before that happens.

They did, you unlock stuff through play now. I've got hundreds of hours in the game and am still unlocking stuff as there is so much content to unlock, never had to pay a penny for any of it. I just unlock stuff as I play.

Man of Honour
Good to know they changed it... So there's literally no in-game purchases of any kind now?

Never bothered to look, might be like a cosmetic skin or something you can purchase maybe but in terms of lootboxes or needing to unlock things by purchasing , nope, none. Absolutely every class, every character, every weapon, every ability/skill is unlocked by playing the game. Play a certain character/class more and you will unlock the stuff for that character/class, swap to a different character/class and you will unlock the stuff for that one. No need for lootboxes or buying anything. I guess it would take a few hundred hours to unlock everything because there are so many characters in the game.

This is what they said when they changed it 2 or 3 years ago -- “We hear you loud and clear, so we’re turning off all in-game purchases. We will now spend more time listening, adjusting, balancing and tuning. This means that the option to purchase crystals in the game is now offline, and all progression will be earned through gameplay.”

Soldato
ive never had this issue either, i have 4 games installed via epic games and never had administrator enabled for it to update games or itself.
I had to do it with the jurassic game but strangley not any others. I do however have my pc in admin rights all the time as I don't see the problem (I also turn off uac).

Soldato
Just a reminder that:
STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II: Celebration Edition
Is free today around 5PM UK time for 1 day only!!

Back
Top Bottom