Epic Games Store now open!

Soldato
Hmm just compared Having Epic Launcher open vs Steam Launcher. Both left running for 2 minutes before measurements recorded. On average having Epic open lead to 3% more CPU utilisation and 7.3c higher temps using a 240 AIO cooler so I can understand even higher temps on stock coolers.

50767109131_5df73928e7_o.jpg
[/url]

Soldato
Maybe I read wrong but some of the articles are saying that the reason it uses so much resources is that it's implemented using Unreal Engine? lol if true - of course a full 3d game engine is the perfect tool for a simple store

Soldato
Bought Squadrons. Had a £5 PayPal promo, so it wound up costing me £5.99.

Might nab Trover too. After initial enthusiasm, that'll probably be it though. While there's other stuff I want, the backlog is already ridiculous without parting with more cash.

Soldato
I have noticed this as well.. I have my RGB set to go from green-amber-red depending on CPU temps and have often noticed out of the corner of my eye that it will randomly kick the fans up and go amber/red for a few seconds before it settles down.. It wasn't until recently it had started to annoy me a bit as it is just in the corner of my eye as i have been watching tv shows or movies and will see it. So i started to close down things that were running and it wasnt until i closed down the Epic launcher that it stopped. I even closed everything else down apart from the launcher and it started happening again.

Most likely the hidden CCP data farming code. Joking.. Or am i? :D

Soldato
I have noticed this as well.. I have my RGB set to go from green-amber-red depending on CPU temps and have often noticed out of the corner of my eye that it will randomly kick the fans up and go amber/red for a few seconds before it settles down.. It wasn't until recently it had started to annoy me a bit as it is just in the corner of my eye as i have been watching tv shows or movies and will see it. So i started to close down things that were running and it wasnt until i closed down the Epic launcher that it stopped. I even closed everything else down apart from the launcher and it started happening again.

Most likely the hidden CCP data farming code. Joking.. Or am i? :D
Well, lots of people say this but I don't know why they only farm data from Ryzen owners?

Soldato
Infuriatingly, Snowrunner on co-op has not gone well, the missus and I just cannot seem to get it to work. If we try to join each others games, we just get a spinning wheel on the friends list and it never sees the other person. Both of us are able to join random peoples games but we cannot join each others, even though we are sat about 8 ft apart. Have just spent hours scouring the internet and found hundreds of posts going back a year, of people having the exact same issue. They can join internet games but cannot join the games of people in the same household. Some people have recommended removing connections in Epic, deleting all friends and re-adding just the person you want to co-op with, changing a variety of router and firewall settings, have tried all of them to no avail. So doesnt look like we will be co-oping it after all, ah well...at least it only cost a tenner. Really astounds me after 3 decades of multiplayer games that so many companies still cannot make it simple to join co-op games.

Don`t know if your aware but anyone playing Snowrunner try out the coop again as the friends list loading forever bug seems to have been fixed with the latest epic store update yesterday, my friends list loads normally now in game but not tried joining my son yet as he currently doing home schooling but will try over the weekend.

Man of Honour
Don`t know if your aware but anyone playing Snowrunner try out the coop again as the friends list loading forever bug seems to have been fixed with the latest epic store update yesterday, my friends list loads normally now in game but not tried joining my son yet as he currently doing home schooling but will try over the weekend.

Yup, works perfectly for us now :)

Soldato
I expect it will go F2P more generally not too far from now tbh... They've had their initial wave of sales and now want to keep it afloat with all the ridiculous microtransactions. If Epic were willing to pay them a boatload of cash to get a single exclusive free day early then they'd be silly not to take it

Back
Top Bottom