Epic is giving away big games for the next few weeks again

Associate
Hmm, I wasn't aware that the Ultimate edition was any different on PC. I thought all those optimizations were for the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S?

It's all a bit of a confused mess on the PC. On Epic, the ultimate edition is the standard version + the DLC. Straight forward, clear cut. However on Steam they only sell the ultimate edition, but a lot of people (me included) got Control through Humble Bundle. Depending on when the bundle was redeemed it would have said ultimate edition or standard, when redeemed on Steam it claims to be ultimate edition regardless, but it doesn't include the DLC, and it also seems to be an old build with numerous issues. (There's a mountain of reddit threads covering it)

So they've cheaped out and given an old, standard version that's merely called ultimate edition so they can make more money selling DLC? Erm... well, the DLC is no longer even available on Steam.

I don't know what they were trying to achieve, but as you can see it's all very straightforward and not confusing at all.

Caporegime
It's all a bit of a confused mess on the PC. On Epic, the ultimate edition is the standard version + the DLC. Straight forward, clear cut. However on Steam they only sell the ultimate edition, but a lot of people (me included) got Control through Humble Bundle. Depending on when the bundle was redeemed it would have said ultimate edition or standard, when redeemed on Steam it claims to be ultimate edition regardless, but it doesn't include the DLC, and it also seems to be an old build with numerous issues. (There's a mountain of reddit threads covering it)

So they've cheaped out and given an old, standard version that's merely called ultimate edition so they can make more money selling DLC? Erm... well, the DLC is no longer even available on Steam.

I don't know what they were trying to achieve, but as you can see it's all very straightforward and not confusing at all.

I remember the hoo-hah about that now. Yes, Steam created a second SKU just for the cheapo Humble Bundle version. So is the Control Ultimate Edition - https://store.steampowered.com/app/870780/Control_Ultimate_Edition/ (app 870780) the non-gimped one?

EDIT: Found the Reddit page, it's 870781 for the proper one and 870782 for HB but they both show as 870780. What a mess.

Associate
OP
Here we go again, more supposedly "big" games to promote their sale. Hopefully this time we don't get one of the worst games of the year that no one cares about or a free mobile game.

Caporegime
There will probably be a few repeats along the way but I think it’s pretty good that they are still doing it daily this year. Losing Fortnite on iOS must have depleted their income a fair bit.

Back
Top Bottom