Poll: Erik ten Hag Sack Watch & Next Manchester United Manager?

To sack or not to sack

• Total voters
Man of Honour
OP
Exactly! Do you want Ratcliffe deciding who is manager? Because that seems to be what you want :confused:

There are people involved who will know about managers…

You seem to think everyone will need to be fully in post before anything is decided. Not going to be the case.

Caporegime

You seem to think everyone will need to be fully in post before anything is decided. Not going to be the case.
Not everyone, but anyone. We literally haven't had a single footballing person involved until the last month. I don't know where you pulled the 6 months of review thing from (and clearly you don't either because you ignored the question)

Man of Honour
OP
Not everyone, but anyone. We literally haven't had a single footballing person involved until the last month. I don't know where you pulled the 6 months of review thing from (and clearly you don't either because you ignored the question)

What do you actually think is happening at the moment then? Obviously there’s no review going on as Wilcox can’t do it on his own…? So all the sources must be wrong…

Soldato
Still nothing further on this. It's difficult to draw any conclusions, but if ETH does stay, it looks bad that they've basically let this drag on... a statement of some sort could have been issued, even if it was just to a journalist.

It doesn't take this long to do a review, they'll have been reviewing every game as it happened for the past 6 months or so.

We don't know what's going on but it's creating a more negative perception of INEOS, than positive, IMO...
Like I said, all of the current talk about the future of the club is blindly assuming INEOS are actually good at decision making. Why do people assume this?

Soldato
Also, it does take time to make decisions, I'd rather that than rushing. Especially when there is so much upheaval at the club.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What do you actually think is happening at the moment then? Obviously there’s no review going on as Wilcox can’t do it on his own…? So all the sources must be wrong…
I imagine Wilcox is doing it but he hasn't been in the job long and probably has a lot on his plate with a temp CEO and no DOF along with a lot of other overhaul in roles at the club.

Man of Honour
OP
Also, it does take time to make decisions, I'd rather that than rushing. Especially when there is so much upheaval at the club.

I’ve no problem with that either, it’s just unfortunate with all of the speculation around the manager.

Soldato
I imagine Wilcox is doing it but he hasn't been in the job long and probably has a lot on his plate with a temp CEO and no DOF along with a lot of other overhaul in roles at the club.
Aren't they creating a 'football model' and then seeing if the current manager fits?

It's hard to see him not fitting, or at least not giving him a chance with this new approach.

The bigger question is whether the players fit...

Last edited:
Don

Exactly. It's the one part of his role that Ashworth can partake in before actually being appointed. Heck, if the recent reports around Utd tapping up Ashworth are true (they will be) then Berrada's already working behind the scenes too. The people that will be making the decision on ETH's future and who will replace him are there and able to make that decision whether they've officially began work at Utd or not.

Coming back to your earlier post about there still not being any announcement on or off the record from Utd over ETH's future, as I said the other day this can only be read as bad news for ETH. Utd aren't dragging this out if they want to keep him. The delay can only be because Utd can't or at least have yet to find his replacement. It does also raise the prospect that the replacement could be Southgate :D

Soldato
Least we'd have a style icon

mp3s44J.png

Caporegime
If Southgate becomes United manager I am 100% a Forest fan next season.

Also the media are bigging up these new backroom staff coming to United but what have they actually done?

Ashworth comes across as a bit of a grifter and club jumper, The bald guy from City is just a dodgy finance guy, Wilcox again has done nothing of note, Brailsford managed a load of people who wear lycra. Going from that to a football club is a massive step up.

Soldato

Also the media are bigging up these new backroom staff coming to United but what have they actually done?

Ashworth comes across as a bit of a grifter and club jumper, The bald guy from City is just a dodgy finance guy, Wilcox again has done nothing of note, Brailsford managed a load of people who wear lycra. Going from that to a football club is a massive step up.
I have the 'purchase season ticket' for Derby County booked marked for that reason :p
Maybe we should create our own Forest v Derby banter thread!

fez

fez

Caporegime

You are an enigma wrapped in a riddle. Positive when everyone else is negative and negative when there is cause to be positive. Sometimes I just think you are a contrarian. :p

Caporegime
You are an enigma wrapped in a riddle. Positive when everyone else is negative and negative when there is cause to be positive. Sometimes I just think you are a contrarian. :p

I always thought the ethos of a United fan was to back a manager through thick and thin and to question the establishment. At least that is mine.

I have faith in ETH because of his body of work. I have very little faith after years of Glazers and reviewing what the new people have done in their past.

Last edited:
Soldato

Agreed. There's nothing to suggest INEOS are going to do a good job.

Caporegime
I don't think anyone has suggested INEOS are going to do a great job, but I don't see the reason to assume failure before it's actually happened.

Either way, pretty sure they can't be worse than the Glazers.

Back
Top Bottom