Poll: Erik ten Hag Sack Watch & Next Manchester United Manager?

To sack or not to sack

• Total voters
Caporegime
I might have to find the post where I said man united would rip through managers like everyone else when fergie left. I was given tonnes of abuse and how much of an idiot I was as it wasn’t the united way.

He won a trophy he should be given another 12 months. People come out with arteta rubbish that you could see the improvement. Rubbish, 2 years in he was under fire and sympathy was given to Ozil! Arteta turned that around in year 3 to the point where no one can remember what happened and they have this false view of history that they had a plan.

Same could happen with ETH, sure the guy hasn’t made anyone better but the team has hardly had any consistency. Yeah he’s bought badly but who hasn’t.

About the only time I will agree with you. :)

Caporegime
Villa won 1 in the last five games. We beat them twice this season. Emery is no more elite than ten Hag unless its the Europa League. He's done a decent job and has been rewarded with a new contract. We will never know how things would have panned out had ten Hag stumbled on a more pragmatic midfield setup but I reckon if he's played Amrabat ahead of Casemiro a few more times we might have had a few more points but we may not have been the media laughing stock as we got outplayed by Brentford, Palace, Bournemouth, Fulham and conceded 20 odd shots per match.

Oh I agree but Villa have had a very good strong squad all season without major injuries which is all it took to knock someone out of that top 4 spot.

The way Arsenal, Liverpool and City have been it has basically been the rest who fought for 4th. Next season might be a complete shakeup with Liverpool getting a new manager and 115 being dealt with.

Soldato
I was torn. A huge part of me was (and still is) screaming ‘it’s time for him to go’ while a little niggling voice chirped in the back of my head ‘he needs/deserves 1 more season’ - then Peps post match interview swung it…..seeing Pep that salty earns him one more season imo, if nothing else. :D

• Haha
Reactions: fez
Man of Honour
OP
The MEN did a poll after the 4-0 defeat to Crystal Palace, and 39% of fans wanted ETH to stay.

Same poll after the FA Cup final - 78% want him to stay.

:D

Fan opinion seems all over the place - but this shouldn’t matter. The ‘football men’ at INEOS should be looking at everything in detail, and making decisions based on that, not just one result. Fan opinion is very volatile, and they don’t see the inner workings of the club.

Soldato
He has to go as not shown anything to warrant staying.

As said many times he's obviously a decent bloke, but he really hasn't shown any managerial skills at United.

The players, for the majority, are to blame also.

If I hear "transition" one more time I will lob this keyboard out the window (got my eyes on a new one as it happens lol..).

The team that played the Cup final, and vs Liverpool also were great. So it's the age old the players don't play for him, they play for themselves and is that the manager's fault scenario?

He doesn't inspire confidence, I don't think he's got the dressing room and with the changes, imo, he has to be one of them.

Or it will be more of the same, if not worse next season.

Oh, and there is the obvious thing about his signings. Martinez great, think he played a couple of times. Rasmus was a chance, one that hopefully will come to fruition (plays with his heart that one) but the others?

The man is clueless!

I do wonder if United had not won the cup final whether this would even be debated you know...

Last edited:
Soldato
I did read somehwhere that United have a decent pot of money for the summer, more so than normal or something (no doubt someone will fill in that detail).

So this put's more emphasis on a new manager coming in, for me.

Can ETH be trusted with a large transfer pot? Can he **** lol.

Caporegime
I did read somehwhere that United have a decent pot of money for the summer, more so than normal or something (no doubt someone will fill in that detail).

So this put's more emphasis on a new manager coming in, for me.

Can ETH be trusted with a large transfer pot? Can he **** lol.
ETH isn't in charge of transfers and shouldn't be just as managers aren't at most big clubs. Whoever is in charge shouldn't really have an impact on signings.

Caporegime
The MEN did a poll after the 4-0 defeat to Crystal Palace, and 39% of fans wanted ETH to stay.

Same poll after the FA Cup final - 78% want him to stay.

:D

Fan opinion seems all over the place - but this shouldn’t matter. The ‘football men’ at INEOS should be looking at everything in detail, and making decisions based on that, not just one result. Fan opinion is very volatile, and they don’t see the inner workings of the club.

Before the Cup final the fans pretty unanimously backed ETH.

fez

fez

Caporegime
It was very much on the side of sacking EtH before the final and plenty said that they wouldn't change their minds regardless of result. Partly im sure because they didn't think in a million years we would actually play well and win. Shows how fickle fans are though.

Soldato
It was very much on the side of sacking EtH before the final and plenty said that they wouldn't change their minds regardless of result. Partly im sure because they didn't think in a million years we would actually play well and win. Shows how fickle fans are though.
He's got to go.

The cup win has "complicated" things in some respects tbh.

I would have thought that the decision would be announced today, so maybe he is staying.

Confused lol

fez

fez

Caporegime
He's got to go.

The cup win has "complicated" things in some respects tbh.

I would have thought that the decision would be announced today, so maybe he is staying.

Confused lol

The thing that might save him is the right replacement not being available and the club still being in the middle of sorting out their structure. They might think that bringing in a new manager who will want serious money spent might not be a good idea until they have the house in order.

I still think he will be gone by the end of the week but its 60:40 IMO.

Soldato
This is obviously just my opinion.

But Poch seems like the right fit.

He turned that Chelsea team around.

He's got to be a good choice for United?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Chelsea were a huge mess!

They finished quite well and weren't necessarily awful all season, they just didn't put the ball in the net enough. They don't have a top striker and their forwards apart from Palmer struggle to score enough. With a few well picked additions that would be a decent Chelsea team next year. Kind of surprised they parted ways. Assume it was Boehly related.

As to Poch at United, I heard that he wanted quite a lot of control over transfers etc which is something we should be moving away from.

Caporegime
This is obviously just my opinion.

But Poch seems like the right fit.

He turned that Chelsea team around.

He's got to be a good choice for United?

He didn't turn Chelsea around. Cole Palmer had a unbelievable run of form and single handed got them "3" more points than Man Utd's who have had a terrible season. Chelsea got battered by Arsenal 5-0 only a month ago and the games they won towards the end were typical games they should win. Chelsea also had no European football to contend with either.

Back
Top Bottom