Escape from Tarkov

Associate
Great advice,

The wiki is very important as the in game tasks tell you almost nothing about how to do them. Read up on Ammo as well, there's a lot of different types and some are next to useless - Ammo is more important that the weapon. the 7.62 x 39 PS highlighted above is great stuff for the first 10 - 15 levels.

Play in offline mode for a little bit to get used to the maps and gameplay

Watch Pestily 'The Raid' series - it's a good way how to learn progressing through the game, plus it's generally a fun watch. BUT (and this is the same for all streamers) do not attempt to play like him. Normal players and certainly beginners play at a much slower pace, sprinting around like he does will just get you killed very quickly.

Don't get discouraged by deaths - it's the best gaming experience around imo but is very difficult.

Good luck!

Soldato
Currently level 42 and tasks are dwindling so woke this morning with intent of doing 2 headshots while suffering a tremor, went a bit better than expected :D

...then I did something i'm mildly ashamed of for the next kill

Associate
Thanks @bJN (and @toM123).

I'm enjoying the pace of the game, but there are a few things that are making life as a beginner hard.

- while doing scavs, identifying friendlys (ai scavs and player scavs) from foes (player PMCs).
- finding decent maps for each location with some level of uniformity, they are all completely different, and so are the keys.
- exacerbated by the above issue, full screen borderless doesn't seem to work which is a faff.
- creating space in the stash is essentially a mini game akin to Tetris :cry:

Thankfully I have a friend who is showing me the ropes, so I've been able to complete way more tasks than I probably should have.

Going to go down the rabbit hole on the wiki I think.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Oh another tip @BogEyes - enable VoIP as it's off by default! You'll also need to increase the VoIP volume in the audio settings as I think that also defaults to zero for some bizarre, inane reason. Then bind a useful key to use the mic and that could help with the whole target identification issue when you're a scav. Though be warned, there are a lot of traitorous sods in the lands of Tarkov :D

Soldato
Voip all the time, absolutely do it, you can talk your way out of so many tight spots, you'll be shocked.

Take this example, it's cropped down but i've already been shot a bunch of times and had multiple nades thrown. I have one objective left at the pier to finish a bodies mission.

Bear in mind, I think there is one guy (mild swearing)...

Associate
@SixTwoSix that's an interesting video, I was expecting them to execute you when they approached. I guess that's it, you don't really know what's going to happen!

Was that during a Scav or PMC?

I'll have to give VoIP a go, though I often play late at night and can't use it...

Spent 1 million Rubles on the Junk Box from the therapist, using my big brain to solve my stash size problem. Can't put anything in it other than two dog tags I've collected and some tubing. Doh.

Soldato
@SixTwoSix that's an interesting video, I was expecting them to execute you when they approached. I guess that's it, you don't really know what's going to happen!

Was that during a Scav or PMC?

PMC run, worth noting they have a scav with them too so there are friendly squads about, never know til you attempt comms though.

If you're restricted on voip later on, just treat everyone as an enemy :D

Soldato
How does one go about making money on this?
I assumed it was just going in as a scav, doing a little looting then extracting out, but I don't seem to find much, or get slaughtered by a player hiding when trying to get out.

Soldato
I assumed it was just going in as a scav, doing a little looting then extracting out, but I don't seem to find much, or get slaughtered by a player hiding when trying to get out.
I found a gold ring on a dead player in a raid earlier. That was worth a fair amount. Have you completed missions too?

Soldato
Utter tilted yesterday, could hardly survive a PMC raid, stash value dropped by 4 million roubles in the day - need a few days off I think. :(

Finally got my 3rd market slot open at the weekend, took until 30 market rep, used to be 10, they've made it a lot harder for those extra spots right now.

Most missions I can get through them after a few attempts but for whatever reason I just can’t get the Corporate Secrets mission on Lighthouse done.

This can be a tough one, got to make sure all roof snipers are dead before venturing in, there are specific angles you have to use or they will insta-snipe you. Then you have to clear out the rogues in building 2. Be slow, methodical, take your time.

I solo'd the area the other night, got 12 kills, then died to a rat scav with a PPSH sneaking about :D

Scav, scav ansd scav again, get your hideout skill up so scavs reset every 12 minutes, then scav some more.

Lighthouse loot on chalets and in industrial is ridiculous, also a path of about 7 stashes you can hit as a scav without seeing a soul towards Southern Road (including a double gold loot spawn with bitcoins/moonshine/etc), I probably survive 8/10 Lighthouse scav runs with bags rammed full, not even being careful, just sprinting spot to spot.

Soldato

What level are you? As you won't be making bank until you hit level 15 and can place valuable items on the flea market. However, your scav junk box has zero excuse not to be rammed full! Collect every, wire, hose, tubing, tape, bulbs etc etc. About the only item not of use even early wipe are probably the lighters and the cigarettes (Although there is a mission to collect these also)

Soldato
What level are you? As you won't be making bank until you hit level 15 and can place valuable items on the flea market. However, your scav junk box has zero excuse not to be rammed full! Collect every, wire, hose, tubing, tape, bulbs etc etc. About the only item not of use even early wipe are probably the lighters and the cigarettes (Although there is a mission to collect these also)
Crickent and Zibbos can be used to craft blue fuel cans at Lavatory level 2. Depends how early on you get that.

Associate
Whats taking all your space up?

I'd say around 25% Ammo/Mags, 25% meds meds/food, 25% Armour, Helmets and headsets, 25% Guns.

I think I need a proper sort out, it's giving me anxiety just thinking about it :cry:

I'm utilising a few rigs and backpacks which provide more space than they take up.

I guess I'm currently guilty of hoarding/saving a few guns and armour for 'when I'm better', but maybe it's worth just selling them as the space is more valuable.

Back
Top Bottom