Escape from Tarkov

Associate
Ya unfortunately this looks like an amazing idea/concept that will have terrible execution. They probably thought they could fix Unity's bad net-code when they started the project, but it could end up killing it. From my understanding; Unity is a game engine for not very competent game developers.

Soldato
Can we team up by ourselves in private at all?

I was very hesitant on buying this, mainly due to payment options and the added costs, but I fancied new to get stuck into.

Soldato
Cost is way too much - 35 euros then add VAT at checkout is also very cheeky. It looks decent but for £40 it's damn expensive for the basic version.

Soldato
Well I managed to kill one AI, and get a helmet. I was creeping up inside a warehouse getting shot from no idea where and then my leg got crippled and I died shortly.

What does leveling do?

Associate
Well I managed to kill one AI, and get a helmet. I was creeping up inside a warehouse getting shot from no idea where and then my leg got crippled and I died shortly.

What does leveling do?
One of the quickest way to level initially is do the tasks with the traders as levelling enables better gear to be purchased from them, killing other players also helps but may be difficult at first but hang in there this game is hard and the learning curve is more like a cliff tbh.

Do lots of scav missions and never try to run and gun or you will die very quickly. Play offline and learn the maps watch vids by Deadlyslob, he gives lots of advice especially on tasks. Scav missions are good for loot and try to build money this way, the best way at first is to wait out and at around 20 mins remaining go around and collect any loot, everything found as a scav is yours to use or sell. watch vids on tasks and keep an eye out for certain items needed for tasks later on.

I have had the game since January ( basic edition at first but upgraded to EOD in March) and its now my go to game. EFT is a lot better than it was and there is another major patch due any time. This patch afaik is purely fixes no content.

Last edited:

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Played this again for the first time in a while, quite refreshing to be honest! Seems to be running a bit smoother too which is nice. Been smashing some scav runs and already filled the stash, time to start using the myriad of weapons and get some tasks done! :D

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I've found rushing has its time and place. I used to play this very strategically and slow, and I'd say it worked 50% of the time, if that. I've changed my play style a bit - you could attribute it to losing the gear-fear - and push much more aggressively, and I'd say this is giving me a 75%+ success rate. The netcode still heavily favours the peaker, so you need to use that to your advantage. Pushing someone in the middle of a gunfight isn't the easiest, but trying to out-flank them with grenades as distractions seems to be working well for me.

Last night I had a proper wet-myself moment on Interchange. Doing a night-time run as a scav, get a bit of luck and find an AKS-74UB with a loaded mag from the first crate I came across. Spent the raid trundling through my "quick" crate route, not much sprinting and certainly not sneaking apart from coming up to open doors. Pushed through one door and turned left to clear the corner and there was a fully loaded guy stood there waiting. Just from pure reflex / instinct I started shooting, more out of surprise if anything, but he was close enough that the rifle moved to the raised position. The motion of the gun going up is what actually killed him - a round fired up and underneath his helmet! :D And because of how quick it all transpired coupled with the netcode, I imagine the chap probably only saw my shoulder come through the door before he was dead...

Tarkov giveth, Tarkov taketh :D

Associate
I’m still trying to learn the maps at mo, only done 1 night run and using the torch is not the best. Although I did encounter someone who turned his torch on when he see me and I couldn’t see anything

Associate
Just jumped over from PUBG as well and game is looking good, agree with the challenging part :) just trying to get decent armour as everyone seems to be able to headshot pretty fast lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom