Escape from Tarkov

Permabanned
Everyone starts from scratch, except the people who paid more, they start with extra. Everyone loses what they had before.

Except the people who paid more. They keep what they paid for.

I think you've got it a bit confused. Everyone loses everything.

After a wipe everyone starts with some gear, the higher tier packages start with a bit more. that gear is usually all gone/lost within a few hours of a wipe due to the brutal nature of the game.

You make it sound like there is a big advantage to the starting gear you're given... there isn't, it becomes irrelevant very quickly. The advantage in the higher tier packages is the increased inventory space.

Soldato
I think you've got it a bit confused. Everyone loses everything.

After a wipe everyone starts with some gear, the higher tier packages start with a bit more. that gear is usually all gone/lost within a few hours of a wipe due to the brutal nature of the game.

You make it sound like there is a big advantage to the starting gear you're given... there isn't, it becomes irrelevant very quickly. The advantage in the higher tier packages is the increased inventory space.

Yes, so the people who pay more keep what they paid for.
But they have more than the people who paid less.

So nobody starts with the same gear, the people who paid for more start with more.

Or did i misunderstand the multi payment early access option?

Associate
What's the point of a wipe? Does it signify anything?

As the game is still early access/beta some patches make such significant changes that the whole game needs to start again. They're every 3 to 4 months. It's only during beta it will happen, once the game is released there will be no wipes.

Players generally enjoy the wipes as the gearing up and levelling phase is so much fun and a different play style to when everyone has top level gear.

Associate
Thanks for the info about the wipes.

Do you think it is worth paying for the higher tier editions? I heard that the extra stash capacity is very useful, but you can complete ingame challenges to increase the size of it. Is that true and is it true in the beta?

Soldato

Do you think it is worth paying for the higher tier editions? I heard that the extra stash capacity is very useful, but you can complete ingame challenges to increase the size of it. Is that true and is it true in the beta?

Both true.

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page
Click on the "Additional equipment and resources in stash:" to display the list.

I started on the basic edition but struggled for space and didn't mind upgrading to the most expensive edition to almost triple the size of my inventory.

A few of my friends stayed on basic edition and have progressed enough to be able to buy Beta containers from the ingame traders and have been able to purchase a few weapons crates to free up inventory space.

There are containers that you keep on your character which do not get lost if you die (everything else does unless a friend manages to get it and extracts).
Alpha Container is 2x2 - Basic
Beta Container is 2x3 - Mid tiers
Gamma container is 3x3 - Most expensive

Associate

I would say buy the standard edition to start as you can upgrade to the other versions (you just pay the difference) that's what I did.

Permabanned
You cannot upgrade your stash size in game yet, that will supposedly come with the hideout feature whenever they implement that. You can currently upgrade your secure containers though.

Associate
I bought the Standard Edition in the end.

I am not sure yet that this game is for me. That is not to say it's a bad game or I'm not enjoying it, it's just the learning curve is brutal. I have watched loads of YouTube videos and they have helped, but there is still so much to learn. I am not sure if I have the time to invest in it to get to the stage where I can be competent at it. One video I watched said it wasnt Hardcore....it is UltraCore! It's so true and judging by the development road map it is going to get more so.

There is a lot to like though - graphically it is great. Huge maps and very detailed and atmospheric. The sound is amazing and adds to the atmosphere. Obviously, the gunplay is very good and so varied with the amount of guns and weapon modding you can do. It also does the same thing that PUBG did to me and that is to get the heart racing. It can be so tense and is like a survival horro game at times.

I also think the way the whole concept is great. The fact thats it's online online (or will be in the full game), but there is also this single player game of traders, quests and lore ticking over in the background.

Currently I am playing mainly as a scav. Going into factory and basically playing like a stealth game, waiting for it all to kick off and then looting the left over bodies for scraps once the other players have extracted. I know I'm never going to get the best stuff this way, but it's allowing me to build up a small stock of medicore stuff as well as learn the factory map.

Permabanned
The sound is broken, very broken and has been since the beginning. People make the mistake of thinking the sound is good just because you can hear every little noise... reality is that the positional audio etc is terrible, there are also countless sound glitches.

Never understand people praising the graphics either, it’s a pretty ugly game. Bad textures, no anti aliasing and thus very messy image quality, terrible rendering at distance... it’s a big old eyesore of a game.

The game still has potential and does some things very well but the devs aren’t the best (putting it politely...), none of the major issues ever seem to get fixed or even improved, in fact the devs patches generally seem to make things worse.

I want it to be a success but I don’t think the devs are competent enough to fix all the issues (many of which exist due to them choosing to use Unity). The netcode for example will always be terrible.

Soldato
Yeh what game in 2018 has no surround audio, some of my 10 yearold games have brilliant 7.1 surround sound, and graphics engine is unity i think, and with no AA looks ugly, and yes it dont look that great either in my eyes.

Associate
I don't think these devs are that competent. They have this massive hype wish list yet cannot get basic stuff fixed.

I honestly would love this game to succeed (especially since I am EOD), but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it launched with massive lag and bugs.

Associate
I knew before I bought it that it had no AA. I am playing at 1440P and dont really notice the jaggies too much. Also, when playing on an ambitious game with big maps then I lower my expectations on what is acceptable or "good". The outdoor maps are huge and there is plenty of detail to vegetation etc. On one of them I played it was sunrise and it caught it perfectly. It was believable and atmospheric which is exactly what I look for. It might not be the best looking game ever, but it looks pretty good on my set up so I am happy.

The sound - I accept you all will have played the game a lot more than me so will know the problems. I have played less than 10 games and pretty much kept my head down so when I said the sound was great then that is hearing a gun fight not too far from. I havent been trying to hunt down people based on sound yet and if it is, as you say, broken then that will be a disapointment.

Associate
Yeh what game in 2018 has no surround audio, some of my 10 yearold games have brilliant 7.1 surround sound, and graphics engine is unity i think, and with no AA looks ugly, and yes it dont look that great either in my eyes.

A game that's in beta?

The devs have said it's on the list to be fixed, there's just other things in front of it. That 'needs to be fixed' list does seem to be growing rather than getting shorter tho :/

Back
Top Bottom