Status
Not open for further replies.
Tap to top
Direct Call
Palm over to pause music/video

:p

Only a matter of time!

Nice clean app, but it's crying out for a black background!! My eyes!! They burn!!

Indeed! :( Hopefully he will update it with a black theme soon :cool:

After a night of using that iseeyou app, it didn't affect battery life at all! And works very well, except when in a dark room i.e. lying in bed at night time with no lights on.

I don't understand what this Smart Stay is meant to accomplish to be honest. I don't want my screen turning off every time I look away from it, and how much power can it possibly save?

Unless the phone can turn itself on and off with no button presses at all? If it can then I retract that previous statement and hail it as the most awesome thing ever. Probably more so than sliced bread and milk. And Wednesday getting promoted last season.

Am I wrong?

Pretty pointless app then I think :p

The only use I can see for this feature is laying in bed in the dark before sleeping!

Yeah, that is mainly when I would need that feature as well.

Probably will uninstall it, as it is a bit pointless really :p

I don't understand what this Smart Stay is meant to accomplish to be honest. I don't want my screen turning off every time I look away from it, and how much power can it possibly save?

Unless the phone can turn itself on and off with no button presses at all? If it can then I retract that previous statement and hail it as the most awesome thing ever. Probably more so than sliced bread and milk. And Wednesday getting promoted last season.

Am I wrong?

Simply to stop the screen turning off when you're looking at it instead of having to tap the screen in order to keep it awake :)

With iseeyou app it doesn't turn the screen off straight away, it just detects that your face is no longer looking at the mobile and then will give it like 5-10secs (can be adjusted in the pro version) till it actually turns off.

I don't think it is to save power at all, just an app/feature to be useful in some situations. In theory it should more drain power than it saves but for me it didn't seem to affect battery at all, it may have actually helped a bit (usually get 4 hours and about 15-30 minutes on screen time)...... :p (installed it around the 3 hour on screen time mark) and plus the official feature on the GS 3 doesn't appear to affect peoples battery life either.

3NPmJ.png XK8BH.png LxTBY.png
You have to wake the device via the lock button still.

Now that would be cool if it did wake up automatically as soon as you look at the device for about 2 seconds or so :D

Last edited:
Nice 5h :p

Why does the battery stats sometimes reset after being on charge and others it doesn't?

2012-06-22_11-34-58.png

There's no doubting that the SGS3 has a better battery than my One X, that's for sure.

Are we clear yet as to whether the WiFi or 3G uses more power? Wondering whether an app to turn WiFi off when a good 3G signal is detected is available.

WiFi connection uses less power than 3G because the data network radio goes to sleep when connected to a WiFi access point. While the S3’s 3G radio is more efficient than the S2, WiFi is still less power hungry. This applies to all phones too. The phone doesn’t have to work to sustain a stable signal for data when connected to a local access point.

Nice 5h :p

Why does the battery stats sometimes reset after being on charge and others it doesn't?

2012-06-22_11-34-58.png

Yup :D :cool:

Hmm strange! :confused: No idea, probably a bug of sense :p :o

Mine always resets after I take it off the charge but when charging it keeps the previous battery stats.

I don't want a [like] button on my phone!!

Oh :o :o :o

Not long up, need more coffee! :p

There's no doubting that the SGS3 has a better battery than my One X, that's for sure.

Are we clear yet as to whether the WiFi or 3G uses more power? Wondering whether an app to turn WiFi off when a good 3G signal is detected is available.

Yeah, although the usage that Robbo posted with that new ROM on his X is very impressive so it could just be a big problem on the X with optimization, which HTC still need to sort out :o

Exactly what mrk said there :)

Also make sure that you don't have best wifi performance enabled (unless streaming films or something) in the advanced wifi settings as that kills battery life quicker then!

I almost read that as licked :o

:o :p :D

Pinball Arcade is still receiving new tables and is arguably the best pinball game on Android.

They just updated the texture filter for Tegra devices.

Just downloaded this last night and have to say its pretty impressive but sucks that you have to buy the tables and they arent cheap either :/

On my One X i had the pinball hd but its only compatible with tegra devices which my SGS3 doesnt have, sold the One X. Really looking for a pinball game thats similar to pinball HD.

Does anyone know how to get a tegra game working on the SGS3??....shame as i had it for my One x and worked great but its not avail on the SGS3 when i go to the play store.

Just downloaded this last night and have to say its pretty impressive but sucks that you have to buy the tables and they arent cheap either :/

On my One X i had the pinball hd but its only compatible with tegra devices which my SGS3 doesnt have, sold the One X. Really looking for a pinball game thats similar to pinball HD.

Does anyone know how to get a tegra game working on the SGS3??....shame as i had it for my One x and worked great but its not avail on the SGS3 when i go to the play store.

If you are rooted then you can use Chainfire3D which should allow you to play Tegra games on your S3 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom